The betrayal

From my inbox:

I need to know why Chaeri's bodyguard told the company about her secret relationship w/JK. She trusted him😭

 She trusted him😭

Early 2019

The bond between Chaeri and her bodyguard, known for his reliability and reserved demeanor, had always been a cornerstone of her world. But everything changed when the foundation of that trust cracked, revealing the dark depths of betrayal that lay beneath.

In a private corner of the practice room, away from the watchful eyes of their public lives, Chaeri and Jungkook found solace in each other's company. Their forbidden relationship was a sanctuary from the demanding world of K-pop, a place where they could be themselves without the constraints of fame. Their stolen moments were like fragile glass, beautiful yet delicate, offering a glimpse of something untouchable.

However, their sanctuary was shattered by an unexpected intrusion - her own bodyguard, his gaze piercing through their world like a blade.

She was not worried. Not immediately.

She was sure that the bodyguard was going to maintain confidentiality about what he had discovered, such was her trust in him

Then there was the call from the managers, the threats to disband the group if such a scandal leaked.

It was bone-chilling for her to hear her manager's mouth speak about what her bodyguard, her friend, her protector, had required in order to keep that information secret. An ultimatum that tore away the mask of trust she had so readily placed upon him. Money or scandal - a choice that weighed heavy with implications. This was not the guardian she thought she knew. The steadfast protector had become a puppet master, pulling the strings of their lives for his gain.

Subsequently, a profound clarity dawned, as if the disparate fragments suddenly locked into place like a completed jigsaw. Her confidential information Chaeri that took center stage in the headlines, the paparazzi, uncannily aware of her every move and location, turned out to be pawns in his game. Singularly, it was him - no one else. He had consistently traded her for monetary gain.

"If I really wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't have settled with the company" he told her when she confronted him, his cheek a fiery red after receiving a resounding slap from the girl, "I would have sold the information and made a lot more money from it"

After that, her anger knew no bounds, and it took someone else's intervention to prevent her from inflicting further harm. As the dust settled on this painful chapter, Chaeri was left to grapple with the aftermath of a shattered trust, her once-solid world now a landscape of fractured emotions and bitter revelations.