005, ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5.

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5, the secret.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
Word count: 1517.
Warnings: swearing.
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

"I've got a body outside on Main, and then you get attacked here. You said the call came from Amber's number?" Judy asked, looking at Sam because it seemed a little suspicious. "So? We know he cloned my phone before when he attacked Tara." Amber defended herself, as she had alibi's. "or, I'm just spit balling here, you're the killer." Richie pointed fingers at her, looking straight at her. "It couldn't have been, she was with me." Lisa stated, holding onto Amber's arm because she knew Amber was innocent, now Richie wasn't so much.

"And where were you when this all happened?" Judy asked, looking over at Richie while Lisa thought about when Sam and him met because he just randomly showed up out of no where. "I was watching Netflix." He mumbled out, knowing how it sounded so he wanted it to be some what believable. "Yeah, super solid alibi bro." Amber commented, her hands travelling down to her her girlfriend's. "so where were you guys?" Richie questioned, not wanting to be the only one with alibi's. "I was questions Amber and their friends at the sheriff's station." Judy explained, handing Amber back her phone.

"Yeah, I came as soon as I heard." Amber told Richie, trying to annoy him. "But you know, the Netflix alibi is good too." She continued, putting her phone away as she took the piss on him. "Both of you, stop it." Judy interrupted, seeing as how the two were acting childish. "You're gonna put more cops on her room, right?" Sam asked, looking at Judy because she cared for her sister so much. "Yes, and I can move you to a private floor." She explained, as Tara looked around the room because she felt bored out of her mind.

"Deputy Vinson knows what he's doing, you'll be safe." Judy told her, hoping it would bring some comfort. "Live we've been so far?" Sam rebutted, as Judy just put on a smile even if she didn't full mean it. "Samantha, let's step outside." She suggested, her arm going to the right as she wanted to have a more private conversation with the oldest Carpenter sister. Closing the door behind her, Judy steps over to Sam, who was waiting. "Nice to see you, Deputy Hicks." Sam says, trying to not remembrance what she had done in the past.

"So many fun memories." Sam went on, but was cut off by Judy. "It's Sheriff Hicks." Judy corrected, proud of herself and how far she had come. "I remember you too." She stated, looking straight at Sam. "And all the trouble you caused your family." Judy Hicks taunted Sam, because the latter did some pretty bad things before she had left. "Your presence here is not helping. So maybe when the sun comes up, you and your boyfriend can hit the road. And leave it to people who actually care about this community." Judy rebutted, sick of Sam's shit already but all she did was continue to smile.

After the little talk, Judy walked off as Sam scoffed and walked back into Tara's room. "Well she remains a delight." Sam made her presence known again, seeing Lisa and Amber still in Tara's room, making sure she is okay. "You okay?" Sam asked, letting go of Lisa's hand to sit up. "Um, would you mind giving us a second?" Sam asked, wanting to tell Tara about why the killing are starting again in private. "I need to talk to Tara." She told the girls, pushing at the door a little bit. "Come on Netflix, let's go." Amber stated, nodding her head towards the door.

Richie just scoffed, getting off the bed that he was sitting on as Lisa walked out after him, closing the door behind her to give the sisters some privacy. Sam takes a big sigh, steadying herself to tell Tara. "Do you remember when dad left?" Sam asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she stood her Tara. "Parts, sure. I was eight, I don't know what that has to did with anything." Tara exclaimed, looking around confused because she had no idea what was happening. "It has to with it." Sam reassured,  moving to sit in front of Tara on the hospital bed.

"Do you remember how mom used to keep these boxes up in the attic?" Sam questioned, going still for a couple of seconds before speaking again. "Well, I was up there once. When I was 13, looking for Christmas presents. And I found these old diaries that she kept from high school." Sam told her sister, who was still confused about why Sam was telling her all of this. "Sam, what is..." Tara tried to ask, but Sam cut in. "Please, I just.... I have to do this." Sam told her, still unsure if it was the right thing to do.

"So I found these old diaries, and I knew it was wrong but I read some anyways because mom got pregnant with me in high school and I thought it could be cool to find out how she and dad got together." Sam explained lightly, remembering what she was thinking from years and years ago. "How romantic is must have been, so I read some. Only it wasn't romantic, mom was dating dad but she was in love with this other guy." Sam paused, taking a deep breath of air before continuing.

"And he got her pregnant, she told dad it was his and that's why he proposed to her senior year." Sam summed up, as Tara was still confused on what that had to do with anything. "Sam, what are you talking about?" Tara asked, her face showing the expression of confusion. "And I, sitting there in this attic, and I'm 13, and I just found out my dad wasn't my dad. So I go find mom in her bedroom, and I'm screaming at her." Sam went on, getting teary eyed because she remembered this all happening like it was yesterday.

"And shoving this diary in her face, and I didn't even realise that dad was standing right behind me, he didn't know. He found out right then from me, he left hat night. I'm the reason he left." Sam stated, as she tried to keep the tears at bay. "No." Tara told her, also getting teary eyed because she didn't believe it. "Mom never forgave me, then she promised me never to tell you because you were so young." Sam admitted, rubbing her hands on her arms in some comfort.

"And that's why I changed, and I got distant and weird with you. And I went out, and started doing every drug I could get my hands on, until I couldn't take it anymore and I left town." Sam explained, her eyes now watering as tears ran down her face. "I just couldn't be around you anymore, Tara. Not only because I destroyed our family that night, but because those diaries told me who my real father was." Sam went on, as Tara found a more comfortable spot to sit at. "It was Billy Loomis, and somebody knows, and I think that's why you got hurt and I'm so fucking sorry that I never told you and that I ran away." Sam cried out, the pressure off her chest in an instant.

"I'm so sorry." Sam pleaded, not wanting Tara to be hurt anymore. "Get out." Tara declared, glaring daggers at her sisters face because of what she had just told her. "Tara..." Sam tried to stop her, not wanting to leave. "You're gone for five years. Give whole years! And then I get stabbed, and you want to come back and you want to drop all this shit on me?" Tara yelled, her eyes treating with tears as she couldn't hold them in any longer. "I swear I thought I was protecting you." Sam tried ti explain herself.

"Protect me from what? The truth?" Tara asked, as Sam couldn't hold her tears in either. "No, no, I... please Tara!" Sam started but Tara had enough of Sam's bullshit. "Sam! I need you to get the fuck out!" Tara stated, catching the attention of Sam, who she didn't have the heart to look at anymore. "I'm so sorry. Please." Sam whimpered, not wanting to leave her sister alone anymore. "Sam, get the fuck out!" Tara screamed, growing angry and sad at the new information that Sam dropped on her.

Getting up, Sam retreated towards the door as she opened and closed it. Tara just looked bewildered and shocked because she was not expecting that to come out of her older sisters mouth at all. Sam just cried behind the door, turning around to come face ti face with Richie, her lovely boyfriend. "Hey, hey, it's okay. It's me." Richie declared, as Sam gasped because she wasn't expecting him at be staying there at all.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
Author note:
Have you guys watched heartbreak high?
If so, how would we feel about a book about it?
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵