T H I R T E E N

Vivian's POV

Christmas is today, and I couldn't be more excited. It's sort of became a tradition now to have get togethers at Nick's house, so that's where everyone will be. Mom and Jason are just flying in for the day, so I don't have to wait on them to get here.

They know their way to his house by now, so they don't need help. I'm putting a little bit of make-up on, just to make myself look a little alive. Work has had me stressed to the bone, and I couldn't be more tired. I've already put my clothes on, which consists of a thin, black long sleeve knitted shirt, as well as some basic light wash skinny jeans.

Noah hasn't said whether he would be going or not. He hasn't really mentioned anything about it, I just assumed that he would. As I come out of the bathroom after getting my make-up on, as well as straightening the large amount of hair I have, I come out into the living room to find Noah.

Sure enough, he's just sitting on the couch, still in his pajamas. "Are you not going to Nick's?" I ask, putting my scarf around my neck. Noah looks up from his phone, gazing at me from the couch. "I wasn't planning on it. I pretty much ruined Thanksgiving. Why would I ruin Christmas too?" He quickly looks back down at his phone, brushing off the subject.

"Come on. I know we have our differences, as well as you and Nick. But I'm sure everyone would love to see you." I adjust my scarf a little bit, trying to complete my outfit. "I would have to dig through my bags to even find anything Viv. And I don't feel like doing that." Without thinking, I grab Noah's hand, and pull him off the couch. He's definately hesitant, but doesn't resist too much. I lead him to the spare room, where all of his bags sit, still unpacked. I rip one open, searching through the mountain of clothes.

"What are you doing?" Noah asks, while he watches me. I ignore his question, and continue to look for something nice for him. I pull out his black, long sleeve turtle neck. Just so happens that his black slacks also sit with it. "Here. You can wear this. Go take you a shower, you're going with me even if I have to drag you along." I shove the clothes into his hands, and push him out of the room.

"And I know, we'll ironically match, but it will be okay." I laugh a little to myself, as he slowly enters the bathroom. I know we have plenty of time because I got up early to help Nick get everything set up. He normally does most of it by himself, so I figured I would actually help him this time.

I scroll through my phone while I wait for Noah, as well as send "Merry Christmas" texts to people I won't be seeing. I send one to Amy as well, considering that we're talking again. Suprisingly, we have both kept our distance emotionally with each other, like we planned. Things have been going well between her and I since she started working with me. I know I can't consider her a best friend again, but at least I have Nick as my best friend.

I shoot Nathan a text as well, letting him know that I was excited for tomorrow. Christmas fell on a Friday, which is good because I already had Friday off, as well as the weekend. I am kind of excited to meet Nathan's kids, but also dreading it at the same time. I've never been put in this situation before. I'll also be meeting the mother as well, and that I'm definately not excited for. Again, even though right now him and I are just talking, everyone talks bad about the relationships between "the other partner" when there's kids involved.

My thoughts are interupted as Noah comes out of the bathroom, fully dressed and ready to go. My mind can't help but to trail off...

Damn he looks good...

I snap myself out of that thought real quick, and I stand up from the couch. "Ready? I told Nick that I would be helping him today, so we'll be there early." Noah nods his head, and grabs his phone off of the couch. I didn't even realize that it was next to me the whole time. Not like it matters...