014

Our stars aligned ages before our hearts did.

Jung Hoseok was overwhelmed by his anxiety when he heard that Princess Inhee was absent

Jung Hoseok was overwhelmed by his anxiety when he heard that Princess Inhee was absent. He hurriedly reached the White Palace, but he wasn't allowed to meet King Seokjin nor could he find Prince Jungkook.

I shouldn't have left her on her own for this long.

The swordsmith he worked for was sick so he had to be present at the shop all the time, not being able to visit the princess.

While he paced back and forth in the garden thinking of the possible places Inhee could be at, he spotted an assassin who was handing Prince Taehyung a note. He instantly recognized the assassin to be from The Crimson Kingdom, and before he could let his thoughts make further connection he deemed following Taehyung as the best decision.

When they arrived at the Crimson Palace, Hoseok was baffled to see Taehyung easily entering the Palace. He waited outside until he spotted Inhee and Jimin along with Taehyung.

He had to override the urge to run up to Inhee to check if she was alright, but he was surprised to see them mount into the Crimson carriage and also the guards surrounding them. Therefore, he decided to quietly follow them for now, keeping a good distance. However, halfway he lost track of them and for 15 minutes or so he was lost in the woods.

Fortunately, he found the trails of the carriage and he followed it. He reached the graveyard too late or perhaps in time. He saw the guards going back to the palace.

Taehyung had his sword above Inhee's head and as an impulsive reaction, Hoseok found himself running up to save her with his sword tightly clutched in his hand.

He managed to stop the blow and Taehyung instantly turned around, too stunned to see him here. Hoseok snarled at him for hurting her precious friend, but Taehyung was too lost in his own shadows as he mindlessly kept swinging his sword at him.

He encountered one attack after another. He couldn't focus on the combat when Inhee was lying unwell on the ground. In fury, Hoseok slashed his sword forward with force which sent Taehyung's sword rattling on the ground.

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock. "How? How is that possible? A common swordsmith like you cannot win against the prince of The Black Kingdom!"

Hoseok couldn't hide his daze either. Although he's heard many praises for his skills, standing against a prince was not an easy feat. Before Taehyung could pick up his sword again, he received a punch on his face by a very furious Jimin who managed to pull himself up to deliver his wraith in his cousin's face.

When Taehyung fell to the ground, Jimin picked him up by his collar and sent another punch to his jaw. "Traitor," he mumbled in annoyance, leaning against the wall for support.

Hoseok ran up to Inhee, cradling her in his arms. "Inhee! Wake up!" He chanted her name like a spell wishing she would open her eyes. Every bruise on her face weighed heavy on his chest.