003

They say the power of true love exceeds everything else.

Prince Taehyung pitied the efforts of the princess. His belief swayed to rely more on rebellion than a discussion.

She should've declined or run away.

It made no sense to him why she would come here and hope to receive his help only to get herself in danger.

King Seokjin had arrived at the Black Palace after receiving another letter from King Namjoon that her sister was being held captive for trespassing the walls of the King's Palace.

The other two trespassers were also tied down and kept as prisoners, her companions, Yoongi and Hoseok.

When Taehyung returned to his chamber, the King asked for his presence in the great hall.

Upon reaching the said place, his eyes instantly captured the honey, brown-haired woman standing alongside Seokjin.

He bowed to their guests, still keeping his eyes on the princess. Her crimson red gown and lips were vibrantly demanding everyone's attention in addition to her glowing face.

She looked distraught and a little raged. She acknowledged his presence too by running a scrutinizing gaze from his top to bottom, possibly trying to memorize him to avoid making the same mistake again of confusing someone else.

"Your Majesty, the princess of White Kingdom has committed a grave crime by trespassing into my palace," Namjoon stated.

"I apologize on behalf of the Princess for her disgraceful actions," Seokjin stepped forward, "I hope this doesn't impact our intentions of establishing a common ground between our Kingdoms."

Namjoon gestured for everyone to take a seat, "The four kingdoms don't share a history of being on good terms with each other. However, in the recent stir, as everyone should be aware, it wasn't the Black Kingdom that harmed the White Kingdom. The enemy planned to cause bloodshed between us. Whether it was the Crimson Kingdom or the Silver Kingdom, we don't know for sure, but I see it beneficial for us to ally against them. Therefore, I brought up the topic of marriage. First, to form a promise between us and second to announce a threat to the other kingdoms."

"Although I successfully understand where you are coming from, I want the princess and prince to agree to this as well," Seokjin stated.

The prince and princess were allowed to talk to each other alone and decide their fate.

Now, they stood in the same garden they were in last night. "I saw you climbing the walls, you seemed well-practiced," Taehyung remarked.

Inhee grimaced at the memory of last night. "I wouldn't have done that if I knew I'd meet the King instead of you. It was one of my fears to be held hostage at the Black Palace."