"Who was he then?" Nadia questions.

I look around my house conscious that people could be listening even though I know no one else is here expect Maya who is sleep in her room.

"You know the rumors about the consigliere?" I ask lowly.

Emily's eyes widen, "The one we've heard about in Italy?"

I nod, "Yeah that one. You guys know about how my uncle brags about his brother kidnapping Kai Xavier's wife right? His name was Chance or Chase or something."

They both nod, "Your uncle doesn't shut up about that."

"Well before we left Italy I heard my uncle talking and apparently the Consigliere works for the Xavier's."

"Your uncle sometimes talks bullshit." Nadia says and Emily chuckles.

"I know he does but I think he's right. Chase kidnapped two people Hazel Xavier and the Consigliere."

"How do you know that?" Nadia asks.

I lower my voice even more, "A month ago when we had to move I got to thinking. One of them was hurt badly and they had to get that person to the hospital fast."

"Yeah and?" Emily asks, curiosity ridden all over her face.

"What I'm trying to say is fear is a curse. They were scared so they weren't thinking correctly. I look at the location of the warehouse and then looked at the closest hospitals."

"You saw him." Nadia says finally understanding what I'm trying to say.

"I went and checked cameras from across the hospital and that man was there."

Emily looks at me confused, "That still doesn't explain why he's important he's just a guard it makes sense for him to be there."

I cross my legs and face Emily completely, "He carried that person inside covered in blood and he looked like his whole world had just fell apart and when Kai Xavier showed up she looked even worst."

Nadia tilts her head, "Did the cameras show the consigliere face?"

I shake my head, "Nope they didn't. I couldn't even tell if it was a man or a woman."

"So what's your theory then?" Emily asks.

"I have two theories one is that man is the right hand to Kai Xavier."

"Please don't tell me the other one is you think the consigliere is the right hand to her." Nadia groans.

I shrug, "It's just a theory."

"If any of those theories is correct we're more dead than I thought."

I sigh, "I know it makes everything harder. If only we knew who Kai Xavier's right hand was."

"What are you gonna do? Kill that person?" Emily asks.

I shake my head, "No I'm gonna tell my uncle and he can finally stop chasing me."

"He killed Maya's parents are you telling me you're gonna just give him information and let him walk away." Nadia says but immediately looks like she regretted it.

I look away from her, "Don't talk about my sister like she was just a random person. I'm the reason she's dead."

Nadia moves next to me and holds my hand, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that. And it's not your fault Riley you know it isn't."

"If I had just followed through with killing the daughter none of this would have happened."

"It's not your fault Riley." Emily says and also moves next to me.

I take a deep breath, "Well for your information Nadia no I'm not just gonna let him walk away. After he's done with the Xavier's I'm gonna kill him myself."

That's the best plan. Lead my uncle to kill the Xavier's and then kill him. That way no one is gonna be coming after me. I hate doing this but I promised I will protect Maya and I will follow through with that promise.

"I take back what I said just be yourself around Carter. You deserve to be happy and be close to someone."

I laugh, "There's just something about her."

Emily squeezes my hand, "We haven't seen you smiling ever since we left Italy three years ago so I'm glad she's changed that."

"Thank you." I tell the both of them and we share a quick hug and when we pull apart Nadia smiles.

"Do you want me to call Brandon? See what he can find out about the right hand?"

I return the smile, "That would be great."

I'm gonna pursue Carter no matter what anyone says. There's just this connection and this familiarity about her that I can't resist.

Maya always comes first though. A war is coming and I won't be caught in the middle of it.