Chapter 16

Carter's POV

Okay parties used to be more fun when I could sleep with as many people as I wanted.

I'm just sitting in the corner watching everyone dancing and drinking. Moms have mentioned so many times that they don't like parties in the house and I can't seem to listen. To be fair though I regret having this one.

Riley said she'll come but the party has been going on for an hour now and there's no sign of her so I don't think she's coming.

"Why do you look sad?" Bre asks as she walks and sits next to me.

"I'm not sad."

She tilts her head, "By this time you're usually drinking and have slept with two people."

"The doctor said no drinking and I don't feel like sleeping with anyone."

Her eyes widen, "Whoa what? Since when?"

I look away from her, "Go have fun we can talk about it later."

"You're seeing someone." She says shocked.

I push her, "Go. I'll tell you about it all tomorrow."

Bre smiles and nods going back to drinking and finding someone to flirt with.

I look around the house again for Riley but don't see her my eyes instead land on Michelle.

The entire night I've been avoiding her but I don't think it's gonna work anymore. She's walking to me right now with the biggest smile on her face.

I immediately stand up and turn around to walk away but she calls my name. I groan and turn back around and put on a fake smile.

"Hey Michelle."

She walks up to me, "Why aren't you drinking?"

"Can't doctors orders." Her arms brushes against mine and I pull back. How hard is it to get the hint.

"Well do you want to go upstairs like old times?" She asks leaning towards me.

I back away, "Look Michelle you're a great person but I'm seeing someone."

She steps back shocked, "Whoa as in like a girlfriend?"

"Well not officially but I like her and I'm hoping it can turn into something more."

"Well if you're not dating her then you're free to do whatever you want." She replies in a flirtatious tone.

I shake my head, "No I gave her my word that I'll stay committed."

Michelle groans and steps closer to me, "Come on Carter she'll never know. You can't deny the chemistry we have."

"We do not have chemistry."

"Oh bullshit. You know all the nights we spent together was great." Michelle goes to grab my hand but I pull back.

"Back off Michelle." I slightly raise my voice.

Her whole expression changes and anger flashes through her eyes, "What does this person have that I don't? I asked if you wanted to make this into a relationship before I left but you said you don't want commitment."

"That was different. We were just fucking Michelle it was nothing else. You were there when I needed to get laid there was nothing between us and you knew that from day one."

"What did she do to you? You were not a person to be tamed and here you are. What can she give you that I can't?" She practically yells. The music is so loud that I'm sure no one can hear us though.