Chapter 23

(Yang and Neo)

Back outside of the Xiao Long/Rose household, Yang just finish spray painting her robotic arm and half of her Ember Celica bright yellow. Nearby, Y/N hold up Neo's bag as the brown-haired Neo takes out Roman's hat out of it. Upon looking at it in her hands, Neo frowns as she looks to Y/N, who gives her a warm smile to her.

Y/N #4: "Better than leaving it in a bag and collect dust, right?"

After a moment of silence and looking at him, Neo takes a deep breath before placing the hat on her head. She then focuses for a minute and the traditional pink wave returns to her head as well as her heterochromia. 

Y/N #4: "Looks good on you

Y/N #4: "Looks good on you."

Neo: "Thanks."

With a relieved breath, she lets the illusion drop, still smiling as she returns to looking like Jane Doe, brown hair and brown eyes. Yang's voice draws their attention.

Yang: "If you guys are done chatting, you can come over here."

Y/N does as he approach her with Neo following from behind. Yang stares at Y/N with a somewhat serious expression.

Yang: "Y/N, you can tell me about... Adam... and his semblance."

Y/N #4: "You sure you want to, Yang?"

The blonde pause for a moment, taking a couple deep breaths before looking back at Y/N.

Yang: "Yeah... I'll be fine."

Letting out a sigh, Y/N then turns to Neo, who is confused over their whole exchange. 

Y/N #4: "Mind helping me out, 'Jane'?"

Neo nods to him in agreement. 

Neo: "Who's Adam?"

Y/N goes to give her a brief explanation of who Adam is. His connection to him and how he attacked Yang and Blake before he intervenes and fends him off at the Fall of Beacon. Processing his words, Neo nod once more and signs back. 

Neo: "Okay. Got it. How can I help?"

Y/N #4: "Just stay where you are. I'm going to display it to Yang."

As instructed, Neo stand still as Y/N slowly back up, now standing a few meters away from her. He then turns to Yang.

Y/N #4: "You watching, Yang?"

Yang: "Yeah."

Y/N #4: "Okay."

He goes to a fighting position, pretending that he's about to draw out a sword from its sheath. Something Adam would do. Y/N then goes to explain to Yang, who does her best to compose herself, taking a hold of her robotic arm.

Y/N #4: "From what I can remember, I fought against Adam twice so far but, I know a few things about him and his fighting style."

Yang: "Like what?"