Chapter 7: Hallowe'en

Disclaimer I don't own Harry Potter.

We took our seats and Professor Flitwick (the head of Ravenclaw) stood on a large pile of books so that he had a good view of everyone, as he is rather short (ok more like really short), then the lesson began.

'Hello everyone.' He smiled cheerfully.

'Good afternoon Professor Flitwick.' We all chimed.

'I hope you've all been practicing the nice wrist movement I taught you last lesson because today we are going to have a go at casting the levitating charm or the charm to make things fly. Now have you all got your feathers?'

'Yes Professor.' We all nodded looking at the large white feather on the desk in front of us.

'Good, so the incantation for this particular charm is wingardium leviosa. So let's practice that movement before we say it, everyone take your wand and remember, it's swish and flick your wrist.' Everyone in the class did it in time with him, as the action was very easy to do. 'Now, try to make your feathers fly.' He said. 'The first person to do this task earns five points for their house.'

'Wingardium leviosa.' I performed the wand action and spoke the incantation as clearly as possible, I was surprised as I watched my feather gently float up above our heads and laughed as Hermione disciplined Ronald.

'Stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out and besides you're saying it wrong it's leviOsa not leviosA.'

'Fine if you're so smart let's see you do it. Go on.' He demanded. Hermione took a deep breath to calm herself then waved her wand over the feather and said:

'Wingardium leviosa.' Her feather then hovered up into the air to join mine.

'Well done! Look the two Miss Grangers have done it!' Professor Flitwick smiled. 'Still Melanie accomplished it first and so she has earned five points for her house, mind you you're both in the same house, so very well done indeed.'

There was then an explosion from one of the other seats and I was unsurprised to see that the cause of it was none other than Seamus Finnigan, who was now staring at his charred feather and face was almost completely black as was half of Harry's who had been sitting next to him.

'I think we need another feather over here Professor.' Harry suggested.

I laughed, but when I looked back over to where Ronald and Hermione were sitting I noticed that the red head was sulking and grumbling to himself. Here goes. I rolled my eyes.

Things continued until class finished and Ronald decided to be an idiot as we were walking across the courtyard.

'It's leviOsa, not leviosA! She's a nightmare, honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends.'

My sister then pushed past him, tears in her eyes and ran into the castle. Now I may not like Hermione, but she is my sister and no one messes with my family and gets away with it!

'Weasley!' I yelled from the back of the group, he turned and looked at me. 'Do you realise what that's like?'

'What?' He asked confused.

'My sister is a bright witch and a great person, she was only trying to help you! Now your gone and made fun of her just because you were too stupid to succeed and she did! That is low even for you!' I yelled. 'I know how it feels to be teased for being above average and it's horrible so now you should feel the same!' Then with one hard shove I sent him down so that he collided with the ground. Then I went to look after my sister.

However despite my extensive search I was unable to find her, I actually felt bad for her, but as I couldn't find her I went to my next class. Of course my concentration wasn't quite as good as it should have been as scenarios about what my sister was doing ran through my head, trying to take my imagination for a ride along the way.

Melanie Granger?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें