Chapter 1: Mornings

Hey guys I just randomly came up with the idea for this story and decided to try and write it, hope you like it, remember to comment and vote! By the way this will only be a very short chapter, tell me if you want me to continue.

Disclaimer I don't own Harry Potter, I just love it!

'Mel? Mel? Mel!' I opened my eyes blearily and stared at the person shaking me.

'Jane?' I asked confused.

'Oh great you're awake, I was beginning to think you were dead! How do you sleep so well?' The girl asked shocked, I shrugged and pulled myself into a sitting position. After yawning and rubbing the sleep from my eyes I was finally able to observe the delicate features of my friend; she had long silky chocolate hair, a small nose, medium size green eyes and ruby red lips.

'Why did you wake me so early, Jane?' I asked groggily.

'Because we have breakfast and it's not early you've only got fifteen minutes to get dressed and ready. Not to mention that everyone else is already gone.'

'Everyone?' I asked amazed.

'Everyone.' She replied.

'Even Paisley?' I asked, glancing around at all the empty beds, Jane nodded.

'Hermione was-'

'Don't mention her name.' I growled cutting her off.

'Sorry, I keep forgetting your two don't get on.'

'Please try not to, anyway let's just get this over with.' I mumbled sliding myself out of bed. I wiggled my toes as I could feel the soft red carpet between them and I dragged my feet over to the bathroom.

'Indeed the sooner we start, the sooner we finish.' I heard my friend comment brightly from the other room. I didn't even try to explain to her exactly how that saying was false in this case as it doesn't matter how soon you "start" we always finish at the same time everyday!

I cringed as I spotted my reflection in the mirror, I was a complete mess; my frizzy brown hair was sticking out all over the place, I had drool on my chin, my nose was running slightly and my skin was puffy and pale. My typical morning appearance. However, after washing my face, brushing my hair, cleaning my teeth and putting my robes on (along with my socks and shoes of course) I didn't look to bad.

Not to mention I had done it all in only ten minutes which still left us some time to go and eat. Satisfied I left the bathroom, walked back over to my bed, grabbed my wand from under my pillow and with our books Jane and I left the dorms and headed to breakfast.

I noticed that my friend had been right in saying that everyone was gone; for the common room was indeed deserted and silent as we walked out the portrait hole saying good morning to the Fat Lady before we started down the cold stone stairs, nodding and murmuring our greetings to the many friendly portraits we passed along the way.

By now you must be wondering who I am, well reader I am Melanie..............Granger.

Sorry it's short.