Chapter Twenty-One: Map Access

There was a surprise waiting for Dumb-as-a-door. The twins wanted him to feel as humiliated as he had made their baby brother feel. Of course, it was a surprise that needed to be tested first, at least so it wouldn't kill him~ No, killing the moron would be too easy on him. Far too easy for his sins.

Happily, George and Fred began using the Room of Requirements much more than before. Their twisted minds thinking of many different ways to inconvenience both their failure of a headmaster and Harry's terrible relatives. It would take a bit of time to make the perfect annoying prank for those muggles without breaking any laws, sadly.

One day, while there, they saw Neville, who was leaning over the Marauder's Map. His brows were scrunched as his soft eyes scanned the feet walking about. His lips thinned as he then began to trace his finger on the blank areas.

"We should update this." He muttered to himself.

The twins easily saddled up next to him, looking at those blank spaces where there were secret tunnels and rooms that even their own heroes couldn't find or know about.

"You're right."

"And make more of them!"

Neville whipped his head up in surprise, looking between the two. His frantic look calmed into a soft glare and pout. He didn't like that they had surprised him.

"But how?"

This got the twins to go quiet. They rubbed their chins in thought for a moment before picking the magical parchment up and examining it. Having a strange thought, Fred laid it down and George tapped the area where they knew the Room of Requirements was. Twice.

Nothing happened.

Their neutral faces curved in a way before George did it again, this time adding a bit of his magic. The paper glowed strangely, ink quickly forming the room the trio were in along with their feet.

Please name the room, Little Mischief-maker.

The trio blinked in surprise before George gave his signature smirk.

"Room of Requirements." As he spoke, he wrote the name with magic.

The letters floated around, soon forming into the words of the room. The trio grinned happily, looking between them.

"We should do this for the Chambers." Neville murmured, grinning a bit. "Oh! Can you ask the map how it was made?"

Fred pouted in thought, rubbing his chin. He then pointed his own wand at the map, tapping it twice while putting in a little magic.

"Mischief has spread, need more paths?"

The trio watched intently as the map disappeared, quickly being replaced by words neatly written in a familiar handwriting. It didn't take them long to realize that the new words were ingredients on how to make the map. Without any prompting, the shy Gryffindor began to copy it down.

"Done." He chirped, grinning as he showed the twins the list.

The gingers laughed and patted his back, wordlessly praising him.

"Can you-"

"-make the-"

"-map?"

Neville looked down at the list, biting at his lip. He then shook his head. He was crap at potions, and this required that.

"I can get the materials; I have plenty of them in my Secret Garden... I can safely gather them but make..."

The twins nodded, patting his shoulders in understanding. They were naturally gifted in potion making, but even they struggled with it. Suddenly, the two brightened up. Quickly, they took his parchment and wrote the ingredients they would need.

"This is for a surprise~" Fred cackled, snickering a little.

Neville looked at what was needed, his brows furrowing. He glanced to the twins, a fearful desire to know what they were planning. To be helpful, George whispered it in his ear. The younger wizard quickly fell into a fit of laughter, his face flushing at the silly idea the twins came up with.

"Alright! You add more rooms." Neville playfully ordered, rushing off to get the necessary ingredients.

The twins, practically Chaos in human form, rushed out with him to do their newfound job. They had discovered new passageways some time before, this would be a good opportunity to add them to their dandy map~ Plus, if they're lucky, they might be able to find the other Houses' Chambers!

Harry and Hermione blinked in surprise at seeing the small trio dirty, two of whom were lightly covered in cobwebs. Luna giggled a bit but cleaned them up with a swish of her wand.

"Was the map making successful?" She asked in dreamy sort of way.

"Map making?" Harry looked to them, watching as the twin Weasley's took on a more devilish grin.

Without much more prompting, they showed off the new map. It was much clearer to see the rooms and missing knowledge. Much easier to guess where new passages are. However, the newly added rooms and passages were colored in a vivid orange color, a much brighter color compared to the near purple ink of everything else.

"We're filling-"

"-it in! So-"

"-we can move-"

"-around easier without-"

"-getting caught!"

They seemed very happy about that, not that anyone in the room could blame them. Having the ability to know more secluded passages would be more helpful, especially if they led to a number of areas around the castle.

"We should make something so we can see and hear though..." Hermione paused, her eyes moving all around the parchment. Then her head snapped up with a feral grin. "Your Ears. You enchanted them, with runes?"

The twins took a moment to catch up with whatever was going through their little sister's mind, and when they did, oh boy every great evil shuddered in fear.

"What, what?" Harry called, lightly grabbing at his sister's arm.

Her feral grin calmed as she turned attention to him.

"We're spying on everyone, especially Dumbles."

"We should have it at other places as well... He would've been caught so easily had he only one safe place to speak lies." Luna called, getting a nod from Neville.

"Y-Yeah! The Burrow and wherever Mr. Black is, would be the other places."

The twins nodded; their thinking faces already on. They were certainly going to be busy, yet if the twisted grins and gleams on their faces were any indicators, they were very happy about it.