Chapter Nine: Gringotts House Call

For the past few days, Harry was practically treated like royalty. If he so much as muttered about something, he'd be bombarded with questions on whether he wanted it. If it was food, the House-elves were tasked with learning the recipe and making it. He was given light exercise as to not be bored so easily, but nothing that would strain his injuries. He also wasn't allowed to take care of his own wounds. Instead that was for Snape to do with Draco as his assistant.

After those three days, Harry was led to the Cottage's library by Draco, which was thankfully not that huge compared to wizard standards. The two of them were pouring over the Winter Breaks' homework, with the smart Slytherin helping explain every little question or hesitation that he had. It was... Refreshing and intimidating. He knew they were Deatheaters, and yet he wasn't scared facing them or even the thought of seeing Tom. Actually, if they were to kill him, or have Tom do it, he wouldn't be angry or upset. 

"Harry?" Draco's silver eyes were staring at him intently, a silent demand to know what he was thinking.

The dark-haired teen looked down, a guilty feeling blooming in his chest. They were being so sweet and kind to him. He didn't have to think like that. Not about them.

"I'm... Sorry... I was just... thinking that if this... If this was a trap to kill me... I wouldn't mind it... At least death would be nicer in some ways..."

Horror and rage formed on the young Night Creature's face, him yanking the smaller wizard into his lap, cuddling and nuzzling into his neck. The comfort made Harry relax, even made him sleepy. Despite being told that he didn't have to wake up so early, he still did. He was used to it and seeing as he didn't have to work himself to the bone, he was able to stay awake much easier, yet... Being in Draco's arms held such a calming effect, all he wanted to do was sleep.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, it just barely jarring Harry awake.

Draco sneered and growled at the door, holding his Heart closer to him. Thankfully, the people who opened the door, were Lucius and Severus, followed by Narcissa and two distinct Goblins.

His growling calmed down, but his silver eyes never left the three new people. The Goblins gave polite bows while Narcissa took a chair near the door. She watched as her legal husband and his first mate took their seats on either side of their Switch.

"Draco, Harry's safe. We wouldn't have brought them if we didn't think that." Lucius cooed in the boy's ear.

The young blond huffed but relaxed his grip just enough for Severus to pull Harry into his arms. The change of arms woke him up, just barely. He looked confused as he blinked a few times.

"Sevy?" He mumbled, curling into the man's chest.

Said man's eyes flashed a dark red before he calmed himself. They had guests, he could cuddle and coddle the young Potter once they were gone.

"Harry, we have guests that we need you to see."

The boy whined, an adorable pout forming on his face before he sat up and looked to the guest. He politely bowed his head to them, but refused to leave the lap of his mate, even if that last bit was more of an unconscious desire.

The two Goblins quickly introduced themselves as Griphook, the manager of the Potter Vaults and those attached to it, and Ragnok, the person second to their King apparently.

"We need to confirm you are Harry Potter, and then after that we need to discuss your Vaults." Their grim faces made the tiredness slip away from the young wizard's face.

He got off of Severus's lap, much to the man's displeasure, and took a proper seat to show that they had his full attention. After getting his palm cut and having some blood placed on a piece of enchanted parchment, the Goblins became to talk. As they talked, they handed the four of them documents.