35

As I swing through the city, an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. Not only is Cat Noir facing an akumatized victim alone, but lava is quickly spreading through the city. I land on a building and nervously glance around, as my heart hammers within my chest. Where is he!?

I heave a sigh and peer down at the city, as the lava continues to rise. Unless Bunnyx acted right away, it's safe to assume that the majority of Paris has been turned into ash monsters. I throw my yoyo forward and jump off the building, before continuing through the city. I have no idea where the akumatized victim and Cat Noir are, but I don't have the luxury to stop and think. I shift nervously, knowing there's always a chance that he lost, and the akumatized victim already stole his miraculous.

Suddenly, a dark laughter comes from across the city. I quickly peer in the direction of the Eiffel Tower, noticing two figures facing off against each other. That must be Cat Noir and the akumatized victim!

The akumatized victim holds up her hands, as orbs of lava circle around them. Cat Noir attempts to block an attack, only to be launched into a wall. He coughs out blood and slumps to the ground, as my eyes widen in horror. I don't know how long this fight has been going on, but there's no doubt that he's exhausted.

The akumatized victim slowly approaches him, as Cat Noir struggles to get to his feet. "You put up an amazing fight, but you've lost," she states, putting a hand on her hip. "Now, I'm giving you a choice." The akumatized victim smirks darkly. "Give me your miraculous or die."

Before either one of them could say another word, I swing towards them and kick the akumatized victim off of the railing. Cat Noir stares at me in shock, as tears form in his eyes. "M-M'lady..." He chokes out.

"Kitty, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I saw her transform in the park and decided to confront her," Cat Noir explains weakly. "She is one of the most powerful villains we've come across. Not only does she have lava manipulation, but she is exceptional in hand-to-hand combat." He scowls. "We don't stand a chance against her."

"There must be something we can do," I say softly, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. "Lucky Charm!" A fire hydrant falls from the sky, as I hold out my hands and catch it. What am I supposed to do with this?

"L-Ladybug..."

"Kitty?" I ask worriedly, before looking over at him. He struggles to get to his feet, as I scrunch my brows in concern. He's in no condition to fight! Not only does he have a pale complexion, but his legs won't stop shaking. I nervously look at my Lucky Charm and then at Cat Noir, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. What am I supposed to do now?

"Ladybug! Cat Noir!" A familiar voice shouts, immediately capturing our attention. Ryuko, Bunnyx, and Viperion hurry towards us, as a wave of relief washes over me. The three of them land in front of us, as a warm smile curves around my lips.

"Ladybug, what's going on?"

"Cat Noir was injured," I state, putting a hand on my hip. "The akumatized victim is one of the strongest ones we've ever faced." I hold out my yoyo and take out the horse miraculous, as Kaalki appears next to me. "If we want to defeat her, then we need to be at our best." I then look over my shoulder at the blonde. "Cat Noir, you're in no condition to fight."

The said male lowers his head in dismay. "You're right," he admits, clenching his fists in desperation. "I will do whatever you think is best, Ladybug." Cat Noir meets my gaze. "Also, the akuma is in her hairpin."

Ryuko nods in his direction. "That's a lot of help."

"Cat Noir, I really appreciate it," I say in a serious tone, feeling everyone's curious stares. "I know this is asking a lot, but can you please let us borrow the cat miraculous? I promise that I'll return it once the akumatized victim is defeated."