Chapter Eighteen - Attack Of The Beast

As the day continued as normal, the XANA controlled wolf began to approach Kadic Academy in search for his targets. Meanwhile in the Kadic courtyard, Milly and Tamiya were working on their next story for the Kadic News Crew. 

Milly: We should try to see if we can get an interview with Ulrich.

Tamiya: I don't know, Milly. It seems like Ulrich is always busy with something. How about we interview Omega? 

Milly: Hhm. That's not a bad idea, Tamiya! We can show Kadic Academy from the perspective of a new student! Hopefully she's not....

Suddenly, Milly and Tamiya heard the sound of growling nearby. When they turned around, they saw the XANA controlled wolf approaching them. Gnashing his fangs, the wolf approaches the two young girls as fear gripped them. Meanwhile, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors were on their way to the Dorms. Suddenly, a high pitched scream was heard. 

Omega: What was that? 

They looked out at the courtyard to see the wolf approaching Milly and Tamiya. 

Odd: Is that a wolf?! 

Before they could full process what was going on, Jeremy heard beeping coming from his laptop. Jeremy pulls out his laptop to see an alert. 

Jeremy: Not good! XANA just activated a Tower! 

Ulrich: How much you want to bet that Fido over here is XANA's latest guinea pig. 

Odd: Guinea pig is a really poor choice of words here, Ulrich. 

Yumi: We have to help Milly and Tamiya! 

Before the Lyoko Warriors could work out a plan, Jim rushes in and confronts the wolf. 

Jim: Alright you overgrown mutt! I don't know how you wandered into Kadic, but you can count on Jim Morales to kick you out!

Without warning, the wolf pounces on Jim. Jim gets a good grip on the wolf's jaw to keep him from biting. It was at this moment that the Lyoko Warriors stepped in and pulled Milly and Tamiya to safety. 

Aelita: Are you two okay?

Tamiya: We're...we're fine. 

Omega: What happened? 

Milly: We...we were preparing our next story when...this wolf appeared out of nowhere! We were so scared....

The Lyoko Warriors turned their attention to the wolf to see him overpowering Jim. The wolf then turns his attention to the Lyoko Warriors who growls at them. The Lyoko Warriors quickly noticed the Eye of XANA in the wolf's eyes. 

Odd: Yep. XANA's got control over fido.....

As Odd said this, the wolf began charging at them. They Lyoko Warriors grabbed Milly and Tamiya and began running. As they ran into the corridors of Kadic Academy, the wolf was closing in on them. 

Milly: It's...it's getting closer! 

Ulrich: Don't stop! Keep moving! 

Soon enough, the Lyoko Warriors reached a nearby gate. They Lyoko Warriors along with Milly and Tamiya were able to climb the gate before the wolf caught up to them. The wolf began barking at them as they made a run for the Dorms. Once they reached the Dorms, the Lyoko Warriors guided Milly and Tamiya to safety. 

Jeremy: Milly. Tamiya. Stay put and don't make a sound. You'll be safe. 

Milly: What about you? 

Jeremy: We'll try to get help. Just sit tight. 

Omega: You'll be safe. I promise you. 

As Milly and Tamiya got to safety, the Lyoko Warriors began thinking of a plan. 

Ulrich: Something tells me that gate won't hold that wolf. 

Odd: What the hell are we going to do? That wolf is going to tear Kadic apart and probably us when he finds us! 

Jeremy: We need to deactivate that Tower!

Yumi: How are we going to do that?! That wolf isn't exactly going to let us reach the Factory! 

Ulrich: Then we'll just have to give it live bait. 

Upon hearing this, the rest of the Lyoko Warriors didn't like what Ulrich was about to suggest. 

Jeremy: You can't possibly mean....

Ulrich: What other choice to we have? If we all make a run for the Factory, then that wolf is just going to follow us. Even if we do manage to lose it, it'll just circle back to Kadic and tear it apart just to lure us out. 

Omega: But....you'll be putting yourself in danger! 

Ulrich: I got a few tricks up my sleeve. I'll be fine. 

Yumi: If you're going, then I'm going with you! 

Ulrich: Yumi....

Yumi: I'm not about to let you face that wolf by yourself. And besides, my brother is here. I...I can't just run off while you and Hiroki are in danger. 

Aelita: Then we'll just have to make due with Omega and Odd. 

Odd: You guys are seriously crazy, you know that? 

As Ulrich and Yumi were about to run out to get the wolf's attention, Omega turned to them.

Omega: Please....be careful. 

Ulrich: We'll be fine, Omega. It's not the first time Yumi and I tangoed with XANA's monsters in the real world. Fido here won't be any different. 

Yumi: Just focus on deactivating that Tower. Once we get the wolf's attention, get to the Factory. 

With that, Ulrich and Yumi took a deep breath. They peaked out from the door to see the wolf pacing around the gate. Without hesitation, Ulrich and Yumi ran out the door while shouting at the wolf. The wolf broke through the gate and began chasing after them. Once Ulrich and Yumi were able to lead the wolf away, Omega along with the rest of the Lyoko Warriors began making a run for the Factory so that they could deactivate the Tower and stop XANA's latest plot.