Chapter Six - A Normal Day

After the Return To The Past was launched, Omega woke up for her second day at Kadic Academy. Ad she tried to go about her day, she couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. She watched as everyone went about their day as if nothing had happened. Though as far as they were concerned, nothing did happen. On her way to her next class, Omega bumps into Jim.

Omega: Oh! I'm so sorry!

There was an awkward silence as she remembered how she attacked Jim when she was possessed by XANA. Jim became confused at Omega silence.

Jim: Why are you staring? Do you need to go to the nurse's office?

Omega: N...no! I just....feel like I'm having deja vu.

Jim: This actually reminds me of when I was a Special Forces Operative during the hurricane windstorm back in '94.

Omega: What happened?

Jim: I'd....rather not talk about it. Now get going! I don't want you late for class!

Following Jim's instructions, Omega went to her next class and did her best to try and at least try to have a normal day. Thankfully, Omega's curiosity and eagerness to learn seemed to outweigh her concern about XANA. But when class ended and lunch started, Omega met up with Jeremy and the others at the cafeteria.

Aelita: How are you holding up, Omega?

Omega: I'm...I'm feeling better. But I'm still troubled by what happened.

Odd: All water under the bridge!

As Odd said this, Omega looked around to see the students of Kadic going about their business.

Omega: So the others don't know about XANA?

Jeremy: No. The Return To The Past erases all memory of what happened. The only downside is that each time we use it, it makes XANA stronger.

Omega: Have you found anything on my parents?

Jeremy: Unfortunately no. I've been digging around since this morning. I even went through Franz Hopper's files.

At this point, it became clear that the role Omega's parents played in XANA's creation was the key to the mystery that was presented to them.

Odd: What a mystery we have on our hands! XANA is back and Omega's folks are somehow connected. I always wanted to be a detective!

Everyone rolled their eyes at Odd's attempt at a joke. Even Omega cracked a smile. Soon enough, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. As everyone was heading back to class, Omega was approached by William Dunbar.

William: Hey! You're Omega, right?

Omega: I am. Who might you be?

William: The name's William. I noticed that you've been hanging around Yumi and her friends.

Omega soon found herself in a difficult position. She recalled William's name being mentioned by Jeremy and the others in a less than favorable manner. However, Omega's curiosity got the best of her.

Omega: Do you...know about XANA?

William: So what happened this morning wasn't just in my head. I figured it wasn't a case of deja vu. So does it mean that XANA's back, isn't it?

Omega became silent upon hearing William's question. Omega's silence was all William needed for an answer.

William: Guess it wasn't going to last forever, wasn't it? I'm guessing by the fact that they haven't come to me means that they're not risking what happened. Can't say I blame them.

Omega: What happened?

William: You don't want to know. You want my advice? Watch your back at all times on Lyoko. One wrong move and you'll find yourself in a pit.

Omega knew exactly what William was talking about. In the brief time XANA was in possession of her body, she could remember the feeling of helplessness as XANA used her body for it's own purpose. Omega couldn't help but feel violated at the fact that her body was used to revive XANA. 

William: Just watch yourself out there. Lyoko can be a real dangerous place. 

Omega: Maybe....maybe you can help.

William: Thanks, but no thanks. Even if I wanted to, I'm sure Jeremy and the others wouldn't be too keen on having me around. 

Omega couldn't think of a proper response to what William said. It was clear that something happened. After a moment, William smirks. 

William: Good luck out there! 

With that, William walked away. There was much for Omega to process. As much as she wanted to live a normal life, the threat of XANA made that virtually impossible. Much in Omega's life had changed in such a short span of time. There was still much that Omega didn't know. But at this point, she was determined to unravel this mystery. When class ends, Omega goes back to her dorm. She then walks to her laptop and plays the message that her mother Nala Se sent her. 

Nala Se(Video): Omega, I know you must be confused. It'll all be over soon. Our work will soon be done and we'll finally spend time together. I...I hope you're doing well. I love you, my little Omega. 

As the message ended, Omega's mind was filled with questions. Questions that for now had no answers. Whatever was going on, her parents were at the center of it all. 

Omega: Mother....what were you and father doing? 

As Omega asked herself this, the questions surrounding this mystery plagued her mind. But for now, all Omega could really do was to continue working with the Lyoko Warriors in unraveling this mystery while preparing for when XANA attacks. But what Omega and the Lyoko Warriors didn't know was that XANA was not the only threat out there. And this unknown threat would prove just as dangerous as they attempt to unravel the mystery that connected Omega's parents and XANA.