But, shamefully, the roulette stopped at a brass-colored slot.

================================
[ Trait Obtained: 'Look at me!' (D) ]
People will pay a bit more attention to your actions.
================================

"..."

"'A bit more?' Are status windows really allowed to use such vague expressions?"

Before I could get angry, my phone rang in my hand.

Keun Sejin: Hey, @moondae @ahyun, are you ignoring us?

I opened the October 31 chat and skimmed through the messages.

Keun Sejin: Moondae, do you wash your face with magic water every time you perform? You look better every day. Tell us the name of your dermatology in the name of comradery @moondae

"This is what he was spamming me for?"

Suddenly, an essay appeared in the chat. Seon Ahyun wrote a message directed only to me about treating him well.

"..."

Moondae: Yeah, thanks. I'll see you guys later

I sent that text and quickly powered off my phone.

I would have been criticized lightly by Keun Sejin for rarely responding to the group chat throughout our 5-day break, but he couldn't because I wasn't the only one.

Cho Seungmin also did the same in our four-person chat. He seemed to be awfully busy for a nineteen-year-old. He apologized at some point, saying that there were some family issues needing to be resolved. That put a stop to Keun Sejin saying anything about anyone being unresponsive.

But anyways, my break was spent peacefully because of this. And after the 5th day, I found myself back at the T1 broadcasting center.

It was the first official event of Idol Inc. To advertise for the first episode premiering in five days, there were reporters sitting in front of us with large cameras and laptops.

Unfortunately, you would need at least an A- in visuals to catch the attention of the journalists. I knew because there were a lot of familiar faces from when I was a data seller, so I knew what they looked for.

I was still at a B-. There was no way I could put points into it hastily when Seungmin and Keun Sejin catch on like hawks.

Speaking of which, I was standing between Seungmin and Ahyun with Sejin behind. Although I couldn't see what Seungmin's visual stat was at, comparing him to Ahyun who was at A+, I could assume that Seungmin was also at least an A-.

"Hey," Ahyun was saying as he held up a pack of gummies, "d-do you want some?"

Seungmin was leaning close over my shoulder and nodded his head. I guess Ahyun was happy to share his snack. He ripped the bag happily and poured some into Seungmin's hands. Then he put some in mine.

From behind us, Keun Sejin barged in and asked for gummies, and the other members of October 31 did the same. While they were busy picking out flavors, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

It was Seungmin. And next to him was Cha Eugene.

"He wanted to talk to you," Seungmin explained.

"Yeah, I watched your performances," the red-haired, first-place debut member said.

"You're talking about the first team match, right?" I asked.

Was this a continuation of last time's conversation?

Cha Eugene put up two thumbs-ups and said to me and Seungmin, "You guys were amazing!" Then he grinned. "Let's be on the same team next time."

"That would be fun," Seungmin agreed. I also nodded in agreement with a smile, though I was wary of Cha Eugene's intentions.

As the MC announced the start of the press conference, everyone went back to their respective spots and greeted the reporters.

We sang the theme song and shouted, "We promise to make your stock profit!"

I wanted to cringe, but it wasn't over yet.

Outside the building, there were fans waiting for us, after all.

"Moondae!"

I heard my name as I walked out with the other participant and turned to see who it was. There was a woman constantly pressing the camera's shutter.

"Moondae! Please make a heart for us on your cheek!"

I was taken aback to see someone so desperate to take a good picture of me, and I wasn't sure what to do.

Suddenly, I felt a presence close behind me. Seungmin was leaning over my shoulder again. His hair wasn't gelled, so it swished softly down his face.

This punk has been getting in my personal space a little more today, but I couldn't move away. There were screams from the fans.

"Moondae hyung," he smiled sweetly. "What's wrong?"

I came back to my senses and pointed at the camera.

"Make a heart on your cheek toward the black camera there," I ordered, pulling him out from behind me.

"...A heart on my cheek?" he echoed.

It seemed like he genuinely didn't understand what to do. He made a heart with both hands and positioned it awkwardly by his face.

With an inward sigh, I turned around and showed him what I meant. When I saw that he copied me well, I looked back at the camera.

The camera was already going off, but the woman screamed gleefully and shouted, "Okay then, one...two...smile!"

a/n: i snatched away that scene for min to play a part in, but let's take a moment to appreciate the original photo too ㅠㅠ