Chapter 63: How Do We Know Hatchin Again ?

Começar do início

Upon his revealed face my hand immediately flew to my mouth as my jaw dropped in shock. I couldn't help but try and hold back a snort as it fell dead silent for a second. My shoulders shook slightly as I turned away from Sanji and tried to laugh silently in my hand.

The now-unmasked man spoke about how people would mistake him for Sanji and come for his life despite him not even being a pirate. The thing was, he looked exactly like the horrible drawing made of Sanji for his wanted poster so obviously he was mistaken for being the 'Black Foot Sanji'. How someone could look exactly like a poorly drawn picture like that is beyond me, but it's kinda funny so I'm not sure it matters anymore.

Sanji stood there, the same expression and everything until he slowly started to catch fire as he grits his teeth together so hard that his cigarette falls out his mouth and falls onto the floor. "Stop screwing around!"

I watched with a smile and a chuckle as I watched Sanji and Sanji 2.0 go at it. Sanji 2.0 complained about how Sanji had ruined his life because of the wanted poster which cause Sanji to get even angrier to the point where he kicked Sanji 2.0 so hard in the face that it literally changed the structure of his face.

With that problem being solved and Sanji 2.0 finally down and felt with, we all went back on the Sunny making sure to hook Hatchin's Tokoyaki boat to ours. Hatchin made us his famous Tokoyaki as a thanks for rescuing him, Cami, and Pappag. We were all having a good time eating his delicious Tokoyaki till Sanji 2.0 rushed to us talking about how he was overly grateful to Sanji even calling him 'Young Master' before giving him his snail transponder number.

We sailed for a little after that, making our way to Sabaody Archipelago. Cami and them explained why we would be able to keep our ship as we traveled down to Fishman Island and why most people wouldn't be able to.

My eyes catch the view of the ocean over the  wooden railings and my feet move me towards it. The sky is a gentle blue with compliments of light grey clouds containing white accents. As my gaze lowers I can see the horizon, the sky meeting the sea like two lovers tied to the hip. And below the horizon was the beautiful, glistening ocean. It's reflection of the light creating a twinkle that almost sounds like a melody. The tiny waves of the ocean rubbing and pushing against The Sunny making us feel the ship rocking back and forth.

"Everything alright?" A feminine voice calls out to me with a questioning tone.

I turn my head—my arms were leaning over the railing—to see Nami with a small smile. I smile back at her before turning my head back to the view as she walks besides me and copies my actions, "Isn't the sea beautiful?"

She hummed, from the corner of my eye I can see her smile become softer, "It is."

Comfortable silence fell upon us for a few seconds as we both admire the view and it's peaceful atmosphere. Today's events pass through my mind with the clever girl to my right and now my mind wasn't occupied with the ocean and it's lover anymore.

"You know," I paused for a second before turning to Nami with a small smile, "I realized that I don't really know much about you, Nami."

She tilted her head in a questioning manner, her eyes boring into me making me a little nervous, "What do you mean?"

I turned back to the ocean as an escape from her gaze as I smiled crookedly leaning back and forth on the railing, "I guess I realized I never really asked anything about you. I feel like you all know my story and I don't know any of yours."

Nami hummed and I swore I saw her smile widen, "I see. My story, huh?"

I turned to her, perking at the idea of learning more about her. My whole body facing towards her to let her know she had my undivided attention. She seemed a little taken back at the gesture before she regained her composure and began from the beginning.

Nami expressed things that I would've never thought she went through. Her eyes averted mine at some parts like where she talked about her mom and her village or how she traveled the seas all alone. I was always impressed with her ability to steal, but I never thought of how those skills came to be.

"To be honest," She laughed slightly at the thought swirling in her head before she continued, "I was kind of impressed when I first met you."

I smiled, letting out a light laugh as I realized why she would be, "I guess we're both thieves."

We shared a laugh, taking in the feeling of not being alone. The feeling that there was someone out there who had experienced something similar to our experience.

"You know, I couldn't even be mad at you for what you did."

A small feeling of guilt formed in my chest as I remembered that day, "Why was that?"

It was Nami's turn to turn back to the ocean, "Because I knew how it was like to be in your situation. To steal because we had to not because we wanted to." She had a completely different look in her eyes than what I'd seen from Nami before. It was more meaningful, more deep. Nami was never one to show her pain or her troubles, but the look in her eyes proved that one of her walls was coming down, "Doing something you didn't want to, harming people even though it hurt you, all for that sense of security and to relinquish that fear. It was all too familiar."

I couldn't take my eyes off her. It felt as if our relationship had evolved in this instant. I wondered why I hadn't asked her this before. Nami had so much more to her than just a good thief who loves money. She's complex in every good way possible. She has layers and personality and reasons as to why she is the way she is.

"You're amazing, Nami."

***

To say it took her by surprise was an understatement. Nami stared at you in barley noticeable shock for a second, processing what you said, "What do you mean by that?"

You smiled at her and she wondered if you knew how you looked every time you did that. To her, you were gentle and you were kind and you gave off the safe and warm feeling that her tangerines did. Maybe it was because you related to her hardships or that she admired how you handled things.

"I never really realized how little I knew about you so after hearing about your story I guess I realized I was taking having you as a friend for granted," Your smile softened and Nami swore she could see the ocean's reflection in your eyes, "I'm really lucky to have met you, Nami."

Nami looked at you. That was the only way you could describe it. She looked at you for a second before she slowly and softly smiled. Her eyes as gentle as the sky—you thought—with a white reflection relative to the sky's gorgeous clouds, "I'm lucky to have met you too, Y/n."