3-4-13

Dear Luke,

I am sick. My dad said that I have the flu. Because he is a doctor, I trust him on his word.

I feel like shit. I feel like my whole body just immediately shut down and I'm trying to get better, but it hurts. My chest feels tight and my throat burns. I threw up only 3 times so far today, and it is noon. Better than yesterday.

I have been staying home and watching TV all day. I have some soup by my side with some grilled cheese. My dad left work early for my sake, and I was happy about that.

I have been walking around the house with a blanket wrapped around myself and it reminded me of you.

I remember when we were little, you dressed up like a superhero by wrapping a blanket around your neck and just ran around in your underwear. It was quite a sight, and I always made fun of you in the past couple of years because of it.

I am starting to think about you more, because I'm sick and have nothing to do. I laid in my bed and thought about you for a while, and wondered about you.

My body feels sore, yet I haven't done any thing to make myself sore. I'm tired.

I think I might try and fall asleep, I have a trashcan by my side and a box of tissues for my runny nose. Maybe I can stop throwing everything up and finally keep everything down and maybe get some sleep.

-May