The Revelation Incident

We had moved into one of Xavier's many mansions. It was gorgeous and just at the border of California. Eli and I had been married for a year now and I couldn't be happier.

I woke up with the sudden urge to throw up. I rushed out of bed and dashed to the washroom. I began hacking up everything I had last night into the toilet. Within seconds, I found Eli by my side, holding back my hair and rubbing circles on my back.

I threw up a bit more before sitting up, breathing hard. Sweat was emitting from my forehead.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, wiping my face with a tissue.

"I think so, maybe there was something in that turkey," I shrugged.

"God, that was disgusting. I don't blame you," Eli laughed, pinching my cheek.

We had gone to this sketchy restaurant the other night and the food was horrible. Riley had recommended it to us, claiming it was very delicious. I didn't know what she was thinking when she said so. The thing was, I had been throwing up for a couple days now, even before the restaurant. It was strange.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. My clothes had been saved but I decided to take a shower and change them anyway.

It was six in the morning. Eli had to get ready to work. Dad had given him a good recommendation, earning him an immediate position in the Californian police department. I, on the other hand, got to stay home and watch Netflix. I had graduated as a journalist so I didn't have a specified work schedule. If work came up, I'd complete it but I never had to go to an office to work behind a desk.

Eli kissed me goodbye, telling me to go to the doctors if I remained feeling sick, before leaving the house.

I lay back in bed feeling absolutely exhausted despite getting a good eight hours of sleep. I decided to ring up Riley and scold her for recommending such a horrid restaurant.

"Hey, Riley's phone!" Adam's voice rang through the speaker.

Sometimes I forgot that the two of them had gotten married, "Hey, Adam. Give the phone to Riley, please."

"Hey, Valikins! What's up?" Riley yelled through the phone.

"I just threw up thanks to your horrid taste in restaurants!" I ranted.

Riley was confused. I explained what had happened and she went silent for a couple minutes. Then I heard her tell Adam to leave the room while she and I had our 'girl talk'.

"Valerie. What if you're pregnant?"

I nearly dropped my phone, "Oh my god! What if I am?"

Riley squealed, making me do the same. If we were right this was spectacular news.

"I'm driving over and I'll bring over a pregnancy test!"

I was pregnant.

I was delighted and Riley was over the moon.

"There's going to be a mini Val or Eli running around in nine months!" Riley squealed, hugging me tightly.

She and I had begun to cry in happiness. She asked me if I had any names in mind. I had a couple and I knew Eli did too. We would just have to figure out which one to use.

I called Dad minutes later and told him the news.

"Oh, Val, honey! That's wonderful!" Dad exclaimed over the phone.

I swore I could hear the tears in his voice, "Dad? Are you crying?"

Dad sniffled, "Yeah. I'm just so happy for you, darling. I always wanted to have grandchildren. Your mother did too. She would be thrilled. I just miss you both so much."

"I'll come to visit soon Dad, don't worry," I smiled.

"Well, you keep me updated on my grandchild, I've got to get back to the station. I love you, Val."

"I love you too, Dad."

Riley told me to call Eli immediately but I told her I wanted to make the revelation something special. Eli had been talking non-stop about how much he wanted to have kids someday. He didn't care if they were girls or boys or both. He just wanted them, promising he'd love them eternally.

Riley helped me come up with a cute idea. She then left, making me promise to take her along to buy baby things. I happily agreed and went to Starbucks to put our idea into action.

Eli walked into our house.

I had gotten home an hour ago, placing our drinks into the fridge so they wouldn't melt.

I stood up from the couch, kissing his cheek, "Hey, babe. I got you a Frappuccino."

I walked to the fridge, passing him his favourite Frappuccino, Java Chip. Eli thanked me before pulling me to sit beside him on the couch.

"How was work?" I asked, curling up beside him as he sipped on the Frappe.

"Work was same old. You know? Just saving lives and being a total badass," Eli shrugged wrapping an arm around me, "How are you feeling?"

I leaned against him, "Much better, thanks."

We watched a couple of shows, laughing and commenting on them. The excitement was buzzing through me throughout. I couldn't wait for Eli to find out.

He was just about to get up to throw away the Frappuccino cup when I stopped him.

"Eli check the bottom of the cup, there's a competition going around. Who knows we might have won!"

Eli looked at bottom of the cup, shaking his head. I told him to look inside. He took off the lid and rolled his playfully before peering inside.

I chewed on my bottom lip waiting for his reaction. He just got up nonchalantly and threw the cup away.

What?

Before I knew it, Eli had picked me up off of the couch and spun me around.

"You're pregnant?" He exclaimed, trying to confirm what I had asked the barista to write at the bottom of the cup.

I laughed, nodding like a maniac, "We're gonna be parents!"

Eli dropped me to the floor and pulled me close, squeezing me against him. He peppered kisses all over my face. I looked up at his face, finding tears streaming down his cheeks. I reached up and wiped underneath his eyes.

"Are you upset?" I laughed.

Eli shook his head, "I'm the happiest man on earth."

We just stood in silence, hugging each other with pure joy.

This was going to start a new chapter for us and I was so excited.

Eli abruptly pulled away, looking panicked.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Eli began pacing around, "Oh my god! We have so much to do. We need baby names, we need clothes, we need food, we need to baby proof the house. I'm going to be a father!"

I laughed at his aw-dork-able reaction. He was just so freaking cute. I just fell more in love with him as every day passed by.

Watching him run around the room grabbing a pen and frantically searching for a notepad, I knew Eli would be the best father our kids could ever have.