Clone Wars VIII

Anakin and Obi-Wan stood side by side, observing as Korkie confidently engaged in combat. Obi-Wan's son displayed a remarkable prowess in his movements, his vibro-knife whirling with grace and precision. Anakin and Obi-Wan exchanged knowing glances, their eyes reflecting a mixture of pride and amusement. It was clear that Korkie's skills were more refined than they had anticipated. Anakin couldn't help but grin at Obi-Wan.

As Korkie parried a series of simulated attacks, Obi-Wan leaned towards Anakin with a wry smile. "Seems he's been keeping busy with his own training."

Anakin chuckled softly, his blue eyes twinkling. "Indeed. And he's quite good."

Korkie's movements were fluid and assured, a show of unspoken years of preparation. Anakin watched as he deftly countered each strike, his face a mask of concentration. It was evident that the young man had honed his skills in secret, as his pacifist mother would have never agreed for her son to be trained- even if she had never claimed Korkie as hers.

"He's got a bit of both of us in him, doesn't he?" Anakin mused, his voice tinged with affection. "I... I did not expect that."

Obi-Wan let out a rueful sigh, his gaze fondly fixed on his son. "Yes, the audacity of a Skywalker combined with the wisdom of a Kenobi. A potent mixture, to say the least."

As Korkie's practice session came to an end, he put his vibro-knife away and turned to face his mentors with a triumphant grin.

Anakin stepped forward, clapping a hand on Korkie's shoulder. "You've been busy, haven't you? Training in secret? How did you get that passed your mother?"

Korkie's grin grew wider, and he shrugged with a hint of sheepishness. "Well, you know, can't just rely on political discussions to save the galaxy." Balantly ignoring the mention of his mother, he has been doing that since he got to Curoscant.

Obi-Wan chuckled, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Indeed, a well-rounded approach is essential."

Anakin's admiration was evident in his voice as he spoke. "You've got the spirit of rebellion, Korkie. Just like your father and, well, me."

Korkie's eyes sparkled with pride. "Thank you, Master Skywalker. It's an honor."

"Please call me Anakin," the blond requested for the hundreth time. By now, Anakin was sure that Korkie was doing it on porpuse. The boy did have the same dry sense of humor as his buir.

Obi-Wan's gaze softened as he addressed his son. "We're proud of you, Korkie."

Anakin playfully nudged Korkie's shoulder. "Just remember, though, it's not all battles and heroics. Your father can attest to that."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, his exasperation tinged with fondness. "Indeed, and I assure you, Korkie, the two of you—Anakin and you—will be the death of me."

Laughter echoed in the training area.

While Obi-Wan continued to oversee Korkie's training, Anakin felt a familiar presence approaching. Rex approached with a determined stride. Anakin turned his attention to Rex, his brows raised in curiosity.

"General," Rex's voice carried a note of urgency, "I've got news."

Anakin's gaze sharpened, and he gestured for Rex to continue. "What is it, Rex?"

"We've successfully managed to dechip every trooper we've got from The General's forces. They're free, vode." Rex's expression was a mix of relief and satisfaction.

A genuine smile spread across Anakin's face, a blend of pride and satisfaction. "That's fantastic news, Rex. I'm glad to hear it."

Rex nodded, a sense of accomplishment radiating from him. "It was a team effort, but we did it. They're finally free from the inhibitor chips."