Clone Wars IV

"Do you want to make Naboo love you even more than they do right now?" Padme teased Anakin as she cuddled her husbands in their bed.

It was late at night and the power triad of the galaxy were laying on bed as they watched the holo news. It was a couple of nights after Anakin and Obi-Wan had made it back from their joined mission in Genesis. This time it was a success, as Slick had not been there to leak their plans. A quick job, they were in and out in a matter of hours. For which, Padme was eternally grateful.

"He is an attention hog," Obi-Wan teased too.

On the holo news, the hosts were discussing how the Trade Federation had recently lost their seat in the Senate on various accounts of corruption and treason. Not to mention, the fact they were not even a planetary system that represented civilians. Adding the face that Naboo had previously sued them for almost every last penny and later the Skywalker Corporation had risen and hindered them from ever recovering completely. Which in return made their influence in the Senate decrease and it was easy to take them out. With the Skywalker Corporation and other businesses, alliances growing and stablishing themselves in that period, the Trade Federation had been scrambling to regroup, the disbandment of the Trade Federation did not affect the Republic and the neutral systems' economy.

"I just did my job," Anakin complained playfully, a pout on his lips. "You won't even believe what the Senate tried to do!"

"What?!" Padme turned to her husband in worry. "Ani! They tried to pull something behind my back?"

"Oh, they did!" Anakin laughed, calming his spouses by his ballant amusement. Whatever they had tried it had not worked. "You kept a good eye on us, the clones, and Naboo. So, they targeted Skywalker Corporation."

"The same company which is the reason we are winning this kriffing war?" Obi-Wan asked doumbfounded. He was really tired, if he was cursing. "Are they kriffing stupid?"

"Oh, I wish!" Anakin snorted. Face darkening, as his smile turned into a scowl. Obi-Wan and Padme were no longer scared of Anakin's change of behaviour. They embraced it and felt relieved that Anakin was comfortable with them to show his real feeling and not to put an act around them. It was a show of trust they will not take for granted. "Chancellor Palpatine approached my mom with the objective of giving her the emptied seat of the Trade Federation to the Skywalker Corporation."

Now, Obi-Wan and Padme's faces darkened. Chancellor Palpatine was a touchy topic in the Skywalker household. He had been Padme's mentor, but now was her political adversary. Obi-Wan had heard stories about how obsessed he was to get Anakin on his own when he had been young and had tried to bully the Jedi Order into compliance, even with Master Plo soundly refusing. Luckily, as Anakin was in dual guardianship with Shmi, Chancellor Palpatine had no way to force her the same way he had tried with the Jedi Order.

As for Anakin... the least is said the better.

Now the whole galaxy was seeing the other face of the "grandfatherly" Chancellor Palpatine He was being investigated for corruption, fraud, and embezzelment.

The Banking Guild had been disbanded and arrested for illegally holding the monopoly of the Republic's currency. It was broken into various different banks that work simultaneously to maintain the valour of the Republic's currency, with each planetary system having its own banking system. It had been one of Padme, Bail, Mon, and their party's greatest successes.

The problem came one when it had been pointed out that the Bankly Guilt had only been capable of holding that monopoly of power because of Chancellor Palpatine. One of his earliest emergency powers had been the cause. An Emergency Power that Palpatine had pushed for. Insistently. Which is why he was being looked into.