Knighting & Confessions

Obi-Wan smiled as he watched the young eighteen years-old-boy, practice his Vaapad flawlessly, showing that his training sessions with Master Windu had bared fruit. Though calling him boy was not right anymore. Anakin had grown a lot in the last decade. He was now taller than Obi-Wan, his baby-fat was gone, leaving space to define muscles and refine-aristrocatical features. His golden skin, blond curls, and sky-blue eyes made him a beauty of no comparison.

He was still an angel. But unlike his past mischievous, yet angelic boy. He was now an arcangel, a warrior of justice.

One Obi-Wan could not take his eyes off him. His eyes especially lingered on the unique orange lightsaber, before going back to Anakin's face. There his padawan braid, caught Obi-Wan's attention. Another thing that showed how much Anakin had grown, was the number of beads in the braid. Yellow and green had joined the red, blue, and orange beads. Making Anakin the youngest padawan that has earned five beads, also the only padawan in over a century to have earned that many. Which beat Obi-Wan's record of being the only padawan to have earned four beads in over a century. Anakin had worked hard for them and even inspired his classmates to earn their yellow and orange beats. All of Anakin's friends were fluent in Basic, Binary, Huttese, Mandalorian, and Zygerrian. Not to mention, their native world's language.

Anakin himself now spoke eighteen languages, having added Zygerrian and Dathomiri to his repertoire.

"Are you going to keep on goaking or will you join me for a spar?" Anakin turned to Obi-Wan with a cocky smirk, that simply worked to make him look more irresistible.

"I wouldn't want to damage that pretty face before your knighting," Obi-Wan replied, coughing and trying to hide the blush of his cheeks, from Anakin's growing smirk he had not been very successful.

Another record beaten by Anakin, was his early knighting. There has never been a padawan that has achieved the rank of Jedi Knight at eighteen before. At least, during the Republic's Era. Back during the Old Republic, when the war against the Sith reigned, things were different.

Sometimes Obi-Wan thinks that Anakin made it his life objective to break every record set.

"Obi, you think I'm pretty?" Anakin teased, laughing when Obi-Wan's blush deepened. "It's ok, luckily for you I was already planning on going to visit the creche."

"Visiting the new initiates?" O-W asked, smiling softly.

By new initiates, he meant the rescued kids that had served as Anakin's knighting trials.

Anakin had been sent on his solo mission, at least first in this timeline. Anakin had been sent to look for possible Jedi initiates... what he had found had been horrible.

"Padawan Skywalker..." Master Windu looked at the normally untouched padawan in shocked.

Everyone in the Counsil did. They were having a routine Counsil session, when an emergency holocall from Padawan Skywalker came through. Master Plo, of course, accepted it before anyone could question the sudden call, he had been worried about his padawan's first solo mission. What they faced was not something they had been expecting. Anakin's tank-top was shreded in various places, he had a bandage peeking under his pants and was cradling a clearly distressed baby in his arms.

"Ani! What happened?!" Plo exclaimed, stunned and worried about his son.

No matter, how reckless Anakin's tactics may seem to many, they were always calculated and he had never gotten baddly hurt during a mission before. This is the worst Plo had seen Anakin been injured since... he had been a slave.

"Counsil, I bring dire news..." Anakin spoke with barely contained rage, taking many Counsil members, even those sceptical of him, by surprise. Where was the kind boy they knew? "During my search I came into some dark rumors. A child trafficking ring of force sensitive kids..."