First Loves & Triads

"Confused, you are," Yoda commented, banging his cane on the floor.

"Well, I can understand why O... Master Kenobi is given this mission." Anakin answered to the Jedi Counsil, from where he was standing next to Obi-Wan. "But, while I am no slouch in negotiation, I am not a Jedi Consular. I am a Jedi Guard that specializes in Search & Rescue, and protection."

"Your lightsaber mastery is a boon when guarding your marks," Master Windu agreed. "And your force tracking is on par to your Master Teacher," Master Plo's pride could easily be felt in the Force, making Anakin smile.

"But it is your languages skill which we will needed in this mission," Master Shaak continued. "Master Kenobi will take point on this mission, and while the ball will be hosted in Basic, many will speak their own languages."'

"Gather information, you will," Grandmaster Yoda ordered. "Ears open for danger, you will."

"I see," Anakin hummed with a thoughtful look. "But that's not all, I can sense it in the Force."

"Open ears you have, good," Grandmaster Yoda praised with a smirk, like the little green troll he was.

"You want to test us,'' Obi-Wan sighed, he had noticed it. "To make sure our new relationship does not interfere with our duty."

"No, then they would have sent us to a dangerous mission, not a ball filled with... politicians..." Anakin's eyes widened in understanding. "Really? Do you think I am that reckless?"

"Do you want me to give you a list of the dangerous stunts you've pulled?" Master Windu raised an eyebrow.

"Hey! I might be reckless, but it's all calculated! And I've got all Jedis and younglings back in one piece... most of the time," Anaking admitted. The Jedi Counsil had to give it to him. Reckless he might be, when the situations requires it, but always to protect his intentions are. "Also, I trust Obi-Wan! He is the most loyal person I know and would never cheat on me!" Obi-Wan turned to Anakin in horror, why was he bringing that up now?! "I won't get jealous of him flirting with politicians. If anything I'll need to stop myself from bursting out in laughter as all the politicians trip over their feet, fawning over him."

"W-what?! I do not flirt!" Obi-Wan protested, gaining a dry look not only from Anakin, but the whole Jedi Counsil! "I do not!"

"Unbecoming of a Jedi, lying is," Grandmaster Yoda shook his head in disappointment.

"To be fair grandmaster," Anakin smiled to Yoda conspiratorially. "Obi-Wan is mostly lying to himself."

"I am not!" Obi-Wan pouted.

Oh, Force, I am! The redhead moaned internally, as he kept his smile on the outside, easily flirting with yet another representant. Obi-Wan could feel his partner's amusement in the Force and did is best to ignore it. At least, he is not jealous.

Far from being Jealous, Anakin was having the time of his life. He could not understand why he had ever been jealous of the attention Padme had received back in his past life? Watching his partners, talking around these fools and playing them like a violin, turned him on. Knowing they will leave with him, made him feel like one lucky son of a... Force. Anakin could only blame Palpatine and his dark side influence.

"Excuse me, are you from Ta­tooine?" Someone asked in perfect Huttese, startling Anakin. That was not a language you would expect to find in a posh, core-world ball.

"I am," Anakin smiled at the truthfully lovely lady next to him. But nothing compared to Obi-Wan and Padme's beauty. "Your Huttese is perfect."

"Not something you would expect from a core-world," the lady chuckled, noting his surprise. "My grand-mother was a slave from Tatooine, she got adopted and freed by a rich merchant family." She explained, smiling with a warm look at the two suns on Anakin's shoulder. "She got the same tattoo once she reached maturity, only in black and white. She taught her family all of her stories and costumes. My mother continued her lessons, even after she married into a noble family. Oh, where are my manners? My name is Leia!" Anakin blinked shocked at that. That will be the name of his daughter. The daughter he had tortured... "Is everything ok?"