12

Margaret's pov

It's been a couple of weeks since I had to help Nate find Colby, and I have to admit I've been a little restless.

Even though the boys went back to their usual lives full of drug shit, parties and banquets, I was missing the thrill of helping them out.

And since I haven't been around them, I haven't talked to anyone besides Nate basically.

Which is fine, since he's my best friend, but even he went out to the traphouse parties and shit.

And I was left alone, tucked away in the infirmary.

It was lonely, and I was sad.

I never really felt this way. I've always enjoyed my alone time.

But there's nothing to do to keep me busy.

Nobody has gotten injured, nobody needs anything checked on.

Hell, even that bitch Raeanne never came back for another dress.

I know she's been going to banquets since I see her and Colby plastered all over every fucking social media.

Maybe Colby bought her dresses. Maybe they were together or something.

I heard the door to the infirmary click open and closed, and I launched myself off of my bed and ran out into the infirmary.

"Nate?" I called out, and I didn't know whether or not to feel disappointed or happy to not see him standing there.

Instead, it was Colby, "I'm not fucking Nate. Where is he?" He demanded, his voice cold.

"Well, nice to see you too jackass," I said, walking more into the infirmary and further out of my little area.

"Don't call me that," Colby snapped, causing me to roll my eyes, "Now where is he?"

"He's with Sam, they've been planning some shit for the past couple of weeks," I said with a sigh.

"Alright," Colby said, turning to leave.

He was going to leave me alone. He wanted nothing to do with me.

"Wait," I bursted out as he got closer to the door.

He turned to look over his shoulder, "What?" He asked, seeming annoyed.

"What do you need Nate for? Can I help?" I asked hopefully, pulling myself up to sit on one of the infirmary's counters.

"It's just a mission," Colby said lamely, though he did turn around to face me completely.

"Can I help?" I asked as he raised his eyebrows, "Please, I have nothing to do. Plus, I'm bored,"

"No," Colby scoffed, like I had just said the most ridiculous thing ever.

"But I have good aim," I sang, sliding off the counter and making my way over to him.

The closer I got, the more I remembered how much he towered over me.

It was such an interesting thing.

"It's not that fun," Colby pointed out, "Plus, you could get hurt,"

"I'll probably live, though," I said as Colby turned to leave the infirmary.

Excitement sparked in my chest as he held the door open, motioning for me to leave before him.

"What is the mission even about?" I asked, watching him as we walked to God knows where.

"I'll explain whenever we get to Sam's office," Colby said as I asked, "So that's it? I get to come along with you guys?"