2

Margaret's pov

Life is a fucking rollercoaster.

One minute I'm partying at some random club in Los Angeles, and the next minute I'm dragged into a gang.

I've never been happier here, though.

I have almost everything I could ever ask for.

I have a best friend, Nate. I have a good paying job with my best friend.

And more importantly, I got to see my best friend almost all the time.

There was a piece of me that felt like something was missing from time to time.

I never really knew what it was.

It was something that I knew I needed but didn't know what it was.

It was like a blind person being in a room with freshly cooked food.

You knew it was there but you couldn't find it.

Not only that, but after a while of smelling it you start to crave it.

You go crazy on the inside trying to hunt it down.

After a while though, it goes away whenever you get further from it.

Then it becomes even worse of a craving whenever it gets close to you again.

Whatever. You get the idea.

Now, I didn't crave it because I had something new.

It was working for a gang. I never really met the person who ran the place besides in passing.

He's really good friends with Nate though, who told me to stay away from him if I knew what was good for me.

This gang leader's name was Colby. Colby Brock.

I wanted to see what was so bad about him.

Why couldn't I be around him?

Nate never gave me the details even though I asked multiple times.

Not even when both Colby and Sam were in the infirmary with Nate and I when I was still new here.

Someone very close to them had died.

Sam's girlfriend I believe it was. She fell out of his car when he lost control while driving.

Nate kicked me out, insisting I was to go rest because I had been working for so long.

It was a lie, but Colby didn't say anything to me then.

He simply watched me with hungry eyes. 

It was a weird thing to see in such a scary guy's face.

Something that said I should run from him even though he was pulling me in.

And since then, I accepted that Nate was right and to avoid Colby at all costs.

But of course, the one time Colby stops into the infirmary is the one time that Nate is gone.

poof.

"Oh hey," I said as he stormed in with some blonde chick, "Let me get Nate,"

I tried once again to ring for Nate, panic setting in as Colby shook his head.

Both of them looked fine, both equally annoyed.

The girl, a tiny little thing with short blonde hair and green eyes, looked more panicked than anything else.

It was pathetic. But I was feeling the same way she looked.

So did I look pathetic too?

Maybe I did, and maybe it would steer Colby away and have him go ask someone else for help.