7

Raeanne's pov

Sam's face lit up when he saw Colby and I, "Hey guys!" He exclaimed to the both of us, "Having fun?"

"No," Colby and I said at the same time, causing us to glare at each other.

"This place is stupid," I said in a tone quiet enough for only the boys to hear. "When can I go home?"

"Whenever I say so," Colby snapped, "What the fuck do you think you're here for? For you? No,"

"Colby, be nice brother," Jake said before taking a swig of his drink.

It was probably alcohol, and the thought of possibly having nothing besides alcohol here to drink made me sick.

Maybe they have apple juice or something.

"They can hardly coexist for twenty seconds," Sam sighed, "This is them being nice,"

I was really trying to get along with Colby, mainly for Sam's sake.

And, I don't want him to really hate me anymore.

It was two years ago when we met and I decided I didn't like him.

But I'm an adult now, who should be able to get along with others.

Even if the others are massive pieces of shi-doo doo.

It scared me to think that I almost swore in my head.

I wanted nothing to do with such profanity.

I would not let one night with these boys sway me from my morals.

"What are we doing here?" Jake asked, pushing his stray black mullet hairs out of his face.

"Having fun," Colby said with a smirk, snaking his hand around my waist.

I stiffened against his touch, looking over at Sam in a panic.

"Um," Sam cleared his throat as his eyes met mine, "Nothing about this is fun, Colby,"

"Let loose a little," Colby said with a shrug as I stared at him with a surprised expression.

"Are you okay brother," Jake asked, taking another sip from his drink.

"Peachy," Colby said, his smirk turning dark as he looked at me, "Dance?"

I looked at him with narrowed eyes, then noticed he was nodding to the couples dancing together to some classical music.

"Um, okay," I said, and within seconds I was whisked away to the edge of the crowd of people dancing.

He pulled his hands around my waist, and I tried to put my arms around his neck in the most respectful way possible.

"Having fun?" Colby asked as he began swaying us slowly, his voice hardly loud enough for me to hear.

"I really haven't had the chance to," I noted, looking around at everyone, "I've been stuck with you,"

"I'm not all that bad," Colby hummed, looking directly over my head.

I studied his face for a moment, watching the dim light slide back and forth from his cheek to his neck as he swayed.

"You are," I said with an unamused laugh, "What am I even doing here?" I asked as everything around me really sunk in.

Normally right now I'd be having a bubble bath and reading from one of my many books.

So why am I now dancing with one of the most powerful people in LA?

He could kill me in an instant, just like over half of the people in this room.