𝟑𝟕. 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡

━━━Wildfire

Days. It's been days since Grace and Carl had taken off towards Terminus. They were running low on everything. Food, water, and bandages for Grace's wound, she was slowly bleeding out and she needed stitches for her wound.

The weather is growing colder, the orange and red leaves gather on the roads.

"Are we almost there yet?" Carl sighs out with frustration, balancing on the rails of the train tracks. Grace glances back at him over her shoulder and laughs loudly.

"We'll get there when we get there, Carl. Sun's about to set," Grace chuckles out, shaking her head with disbelief.

"Look!" Carl raises his voice, pointing over at a car in the distance on the empty road.

Grace holds Carl carefully in her arms as the crickets chirp loudly in the night. They had found some safety in the car. She lets out a deep breath and a branch snaps close by. Grace perks her head up as the car door swings open.

Carl's body jolts and Carl wakes up from his deep sleep. Grace clutches him tightly as a man holds a gun at her, veins filling with panic.

"Get out of the car. Slowly. Leave the boy," the man demands and Grace nods her head.

"Carl, stay in the car," Grace demands, shooting him a gaze of concern. The man grips onto her wrist, yanking her out of the car and pressing a gun to the temple of her head. She groans as her wound becomes uncomfortable and she clutches onto her lower gut.

Grace's eyes lock onto Rick on his knees, an older man holding a gun against his head. Grace clenches her jaw and the color drains from her face.

"Oh dearie me. You screwed up, asshole," the man taunts Rick and Grace's eyes widen.

"Rick?" Grace breathes out, her mouth falling open. Rick gazes up at Grace, saying everything he needs to say with just his eyes.