𝟑𝟒. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

━━━Wildfire

Grace and Maggie stand in the field, basking in the silence. Expect, the silence is broken by the group of walkers outside the fence.

"There all piling up on the fence right there," Maggie clears her throat, pointing at the group of walkers pushing up against the fence. The fence starts to bend in the middle and Grace gulps.

"Then, we better take care of it," Grace shoots Maggie a quick smile, heading over towards the fence. Grace stabs the walker in the head with her knife and grunts loudly as she rips the knife out from its skull.

"Damn it," Maggie comments with frustration, her face twisting.

"You know, Glenn's going to be okay. Especially since Hershel decided to help out Dr. S," Grace tries to reassure her.

"I know," Maggie lowers her head. A frown tugs on her tan face and the tears fill up to the brim of her eyes. Grace steps forward and carefully places her hand on Maggie's shoulder.

"He's a fighter and Daryl's coming back with the meds. Your father will take care of him," Grace speaks softly and Maggie nods her head. A car engine roars in the distance and Grace perks up her head.

Maggie and Grace rush over to the gate and grab onto the rope.

Maggie and Grace tug down on the rope and the two large, rusty doors creak open. Rick drives in and Grace glances inside the empty car with only Rick inside. The car comes to a harsh stop, the tires screeching and Rick climbs out of the car.

He slams the door shut and marches over to the duo.

"Carl, Judith, are they okay?" Rick asks, concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah. Where's Carol?" Maggie asks, her eyes darting around. Grace's eyebrows furrows and she gulps.

"Hershel, Glenn, Sasha?" Rick ignores her question and Grace shifts her weight uneasily.

"Yeah, it's bad, but they're fighting it. Daryl's not back yet. Rick, where's Carol?" Maggie asks, clenching her fists. Rick lets out a sigh and presses his lips together.

"It was her. She killed Karen and David," Rick reveals and Grace's heart sinks down.

"What?" Grace mumbles underneath her breath, mouth gaping open.