𝟑𝟔. 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝

━━━Wildfire

Grace lets out a blood curdling scream as the blood paints Hershel's shirt. The hot tears stain her cheeks and her body freezes. The gunfire erupts from each side and Grace's body jolts. 

She wants to fight, but her body won't allow her. Grace wants to grieve so badly for the father figure she just watched get murdered in cold blood.

Grace. 

A distant voice calls out, no, not distant. Very close, actually. A voice inside Grace's mind telling her to wake up.

Grace gasps loudly as she comes back to reality and she glares down at the governor, a smirk across his face.

She presses her finger down on the trigger with a clenched jaw, tears streaming down her cheeks and staining them.

The tank starts slowly moving forward and it easily crushes the gate down. Grace's jaw drops open and she slowly backs away from the fence.

"Maggie, go get Glenn and the others! I'll cover you," Grace demands, the wind slapping her in the face. 

"Ok. Beth get on the bus!" Maggie demands, running towards the prison. Beth's lips tremble as she heads towards the bus and Grace continues to pull the trigger, spitting out bullets from the gun.

Her eyes catch glimpse of Rick in the field, throwing himself onto the Governor. The Governor easily overpowers Rick and throws him onto the ground, hands latching around his throat.

"Rick!" Grace screams out, her vocal chords straining. She sprints towards the field when suddenly a gunshot goes off and her body goes numb. Grace glances down at her shirt, blood spilling out from her lower stomach and painting her shirt.

She collapses onto the ground, the pain striking her at all once. Grace curls up into a little ball, panting heavily as the man stands above her, gun aimed at her head.

"Fuck!" Grace hollers out, writhing in agony and torture. Carl gazes out onto the gravel path and his stomach twists into uneasy knots.

"No!" Carl screams out, sprinting full speed towards Grace. He pulls the trigger on his gun and the bullet strikes the man in the head, killing him. Grace presses her hand to the stomach and groans out, her eyebrows furrowed.

Carl kneels beside Grace and grabs onto her forearm, helping her onto her weak feet as she groans and cries out in pain. Carl leads Grace back into the courtyard where bodies are on the ground and bullets fly past their heads.