𝟑𝟓. 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐫 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞

━━━Wildfire

It's early in the morning when everyone who was sick is finally recovering from the illness and most of the group is outside in the courtyard. Michonne and Hershel are loading up bodies in the back of a jeep.

Grace rushes over to Hershel and throws her arms around him. Hershel grunts slightly and lets out a chuckle.

"Hey there," Hershel greets, squeezing Grace tightly.

"I'm glad you're okay," Grace sighs out, burying her head into Hershel's chest. She inhales his comfortable scent, old and friendly.

"I'm glad you're okay too, sweetheart," Hershel's voice grumbles out, his hand smoothing down her hair. Hershel and Grace slowly pull away from each other, sharing a kind, understanding smile.

"I promise I'll take care of him," Michonne speaks up, climbing into the jeep and starting the engine.

"I've got faith in you," Grace shoots Michonne a quick wink as Hershel climbs into the jeep. She watches as the jeep drives down the gravel path and out of the prison, into the woods.

Grace and the others head back inside the prison. Grace walks down the dark hallway and opens the door where all the people who were sick are staying. The door creeks open and Grace peers around the cellblock.

She slowly walks up the stairs and peeks into the cellblock where Glenn is sitting on his bed.

"Hey there," Grace greets him with a soft voice. Glenn perks his head up and a smile tugs on his face as he sees Grace.

"Hey, come in," Glenn encourages her and she nods her head, stepping inside the cell. She sits down beside him on the bed and places her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly.

"I'm glad that you're okay, Glenn," Grace comments and Glenn nods his head, grinning. His face is still super pale and he's got dark bags underneath his eyes.

"Yeah? Me too. Hershel saved my life and so many others. I just wish more of us could've been saved," Glenn sighs out, lowering his head with shame.

"It's not your fault, Glenn," Grace reassures him.

"I could use a vacation, you know?" Glenn comments, letting out a tiny stifle of a chuckle and Grace chuckles, shaking her head.