"Bush with what exactly?"

"He's sharpening Spark."

"He's been acting weird. Well... weirder."

"Yup."

"Ugh, just tell him I'm onto him, K?"

"Got it,"

Stoick and the other Vikings Sailed in that morning, ship burnt and sail torn to pieces. But in Hiccup and Burn's world, it was time for Hiccup's first real flight.

"You nervous?" Burn asked.

"You bet." Hiccup said, while Toothless answered, Meh.

"I believe in you, it'll feel like second nature soon enough, besides, if you really think you're going to die just shout my name and Dusk and I will swoop in and help you two."

"Okay. K there bud. We're gonna take this nice and slow. Position... three... no four. 

As they sailed through the air, the dove toward the ocean, Toothless' wing dipping into the water as they flew toward the sea stacks. Hiccup was ecstatIc, but he wasn't able to keep up with the constant changing, and not only did he become untethered but lose his cheat sheet. H managed to get back on, after being slapped in the face, but he was going downward so fast that his cheat sheet was illegible, so, throwing cation to the wind, literally, he trusted his gut, and was able to glide above the surface of the water, between sea stacks. Despite never having exchanged a single word, he and Toothless were one and the same. When he passed through the sea-stacks, Burn was waiting for him. 

"Yeah!"

They flew out to sea a bit and landed on a rock island, inhabited by only a few Terrible Terrors.

"How was it?" Burn asked, smiling.

"It was... amazing."

"The first flight is always that way, right Dusk?" Dusk let out a gurgling agreement. The terrible terrors approached, and though they weren't hostile, Toothless growled at them for trying to steal his fish, before shooting a small blast directly into his mouth.

"Not so fireproof on the inside, huh?" Hiccup noticed, giving him a small fish.

"They're not monsters at all..." Burn said.

Burn and Hiccup were in the forge while Hiccup was moping on his desk.

"You know, if you don't want me here I can just go-" 

"No, it's not that I- Dad! You're back, I um, Gobber' not here, so..."

"I know. I came looking for you, you as well, Burn, thought I'd kill two dragons with one axe. You, Hiccup, have been keeping secrets."

"I-uh-I ha-I have?"

"Just how long did you think you could hide it from me."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it. So, let's talk, you too, Burn." Fear rose in waves from the two teens.

"About that dragon."

"Dad I'm so sorry. I was going to tell you I just didn't know how to, uh..." Stoick began to laugh.

"You're not upset?"

"What? I was hoping for this!"

"Uh... You were?" Hiccup said.

"And believe me, it only gets better! Just wait 'til you spill a Nadder's guts for the first time. And mount your first Gronkle head on a spear! You too, Burn! But since you've already got two nightmares on you dragon count, you might one day take on that Night Fury around the village! What a feeling! You really had me going there, son, all those years as the worst Viking Berk has ever seen, Odin, it was rough, I almost gave up on you, and all the while you were holding out on me. Oh Thor oh Mighty! And Burn! To think if you hadn't gone to drastic measures we would've missed out on such raw talent! Ah, with you two doing do well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about. I, uh... erm, this is a bit of a f-"