Chapter Nine

Gabriella's P.O.V

It was too much for me to handle. The house was an eerie silence all the time. Even my mom noticed the tension between me and Vincent. It hurt, seeing him so angry at me. That one little mistake could ruin everything. I lost my brother because of the bet. And the one guy I truly loved.

I grabbed my cellphone and scrolled through the contacts. Stopping at Hunter's number but than moving on. I finally made it to his number. Not thinking I would call and ask for his help even if , he was starting to become a father figure.

"Hello ?"

"Paul? It's Gabi"

"What happened sweetie ?"

" Can I stay with you for a while , please, I just can't take it here , its really bad" I whispered on the verge of tears. There was a silence for a second or two before he answered.

"Of course, I'll get the guest room ready, come whenever" with that he hung up the phone. I sat there relieved that I would be getting away from here for a while. I got off my bed , grabbing the dark blue studded suitcase from the closet. Quickly packing all the necessary stuff. If anything I would come back when Vince had practice to get more clothes.

After a few minutes of packing I dragged the suitcase down the stairs, leaving it by the door. One finally move, I went to the kitchen taking a knife and cutting the bracelet off. The bracelet I have been wearing for the past 17 years. Vince and I had the exact same one. a sibling bracelet, our names inscribed inside of it. We vowed not to take it off. But by now that was over. He wouldn't care less if I took it off.

I grabbed a blank piece of paper and pen , scribbling a small note to him.

Dear Vince,

Your angry at me I know. Taking Hunters side which I get. I'm leaving the house , so its all yours. Sorry for being such a bad sister. Now you won't have to deal with me anymore.

Love you , Gabi

I left the note and bracelet on the counter knowing he usually ate there. The first spot he looks at when coming home. For a few more seconds, all I did was stand there, starring at the letter. Crying. Finally I set it down, and left the kitchen. Grabbing my bag, I shut the large door, going to my car.

It was a silent 10 minute ride over to where Paul lived. He lived there with his son who was a freshman in college. I didn't mind, I just needed to stay for a week or two. Maybe longer depends if Paul will even let me stay there.

I pulled up to large iron gates, the letter P in the middle. It was a gorgeous estate. Overlooking a lot of the town, since it sat on a hill.The gates opened a few seconds later, letting my car go up to the front. A Rolls Royce sat in the middle , behind it my mom's BMW and a Mercedes. I parked it and got out , grabbing my duffle bag. Before I made it to the doors, my mom walked out.

" oh sweetie" She whispered wrapping me in a hug. I sighed stopping myself from having another meltdown right in front of people.

" come on, I made hot chocolate" She grinned, leading me inside the house. The foyer was decorated beautifully a large chadelier hung from the top. All made of diamonds and crystals which was amazing.

" you must be Gabriella" A kid smiled , looking me up and down. I nodded my head, feeling a bit ashamed. Only wearing sweatpants and a regular shirt.

" yeah, sorry for not looking better"

" don't fret it, my name is Landon" He hugged me for a few seconds before Paul walked in clearing his throat.

" sorry Gabi, my son is a bit touchy today" Paul laughed, hugging me also. I giggled, placing the duffle bag on the ground.