Chapter Eight

Gabriella's P.O.V

October 20th, today's date. Three full weeks without talking to Hunter or Vince. After what happened Hunter completely pushed me out of his life, which I understood. I was an idiot for doing what I did. Even if I wanted to stop it before everything. But he still heard it. Which made Vince go on his side. Which I guess I also understood, they were best friends.

But now I realized my brother won't even look at me anymore. He walks by like I'm a ghost, not caring about me. That hurt a lot. He chose his friend's side and decided to stick with it for a while. Never once did he ask how I was doing.

Everyone in school knew what happened between us. The girls were all happy , congratulating me on breaking his heart. The one guy that broke dozens of girls hearts. But I didn't feel victorious , instead like a loser. Someone who lost something special in her life.

" Gabi, do you wanna go shopping?" Emma asked sitting down beside me on the bed. Reece and Hershey were sprawled out in front us, waiting for a belly rub.

" no thanks" I mumbled, falling back onto the pillows. Emma sighed reaching out to play with Hershey. I instead took Reece placing him on my stomach, as he cuddled closer.

" listen I get it, your sad, hurt whatever, what we thought of was mean, but you always forgot about the plan when with him, you actually fell in love with him, and if he can't realize that you never really broke his heart wanting to stop the plan before it all happened, well it's his loss." She stated, anger clearly written across her face. Emma was pissed off at Hunter and Vince.

" hey Em, wanna go out" Vince interrupted us, starring at Emma. Not even glancing my way. She narrowed her eyes , turning away.

" get the fuck out of here, your a douchebag and I don't associate with people like you" She screamed, pegging the pillow at his head. He dodged it, sighing and shutting the door.

" you could go with him"

' absolutely not, if he can't even talk to his sister than no, he could forget about getting back with me" She huffed, grabbing her phone and calling someone.

" you need to lighten up, Shaylee and Mike are coming over with Luca" She smiled , waiting for them to pick up. I groaned not really feeling like having fun.

Luca was Mike's older brother and someone I always looked up to. He just turned 19, so he was only a year older than us. But still was really smart and funny.

Ten minutes later the doorbell rang, and I got off the bed , running down the stairs. But Vince beat me, opening the door. He looked at the three of them surprised. Shaylee shoved past him, going up the stairs. She saw me, at the top smiling.

" hey there blossom" She grinned giving me a hug. I smiled back, happy that she came.

" seriously dude, your on her side?" Vince asked Mike as they glared at eachother. I've never seen them angry at one another before. This had to be the first. Which upset me, I was breaking apart friendships.

" yeah , because unlike you, we don't ditch our family for a friend no matter what they did, they are your blood," Luca replied, going past him. Mike was behind him, and also Luna. Luna was Luca's girlfriend of 3 years. They were really cute together.

" hey " Luca smiled wrapping me in a group hug with Luna. Mike joined in, as we stood at the top, hoping no one tripped and fell down the stairs or we all fell.

" alright , I don't wanna die" I laughed , pulling away from them. They all stopped hugging and followed me into my room where we decided to watch a movie.

" I personally think that we should all go to the park, I miss the swings" Mike broke the silence after our movie marathon. We all turned to him, with raised eyebrows. Only Mike would come out and say something like that.

" I second that" Luca grinned getting up. He helped Luna up, gathering their stuff. The rest of us shrugged, grabbing our shoes and jackets.

I put on my MADAME sweatshirt and some cheetah printed Vans. Emma and Shaylee both took one of my sweatshirts since they didn't bring one over. It was close to midnight but we didn't care. Going to the park at night was actually really fun.

" my uncle could give me the keys" Luna declared , taking her cellphone out. The park was opened but they closed the playground which sucked. But thank god for Luna's uncle who worked for the park and had the keys.

" alright so me and Luna will go to her uncle and you guys meet us at the playground gates" Luca smiled , taking his keys from my desk. Mike took his and we all made our way down the steps, and towards the door.

I walked over to the black Range Rover , getting into the back seat. As Shaylee went to the passenger seat, calling shotgun. Mike sat in the drivers seat, pulling out of the driveway and down the street.

" don't worry Gabi, I'll be your new brother"

" oh dear go, Gabi, deny that, just say no to that" Shaylee turned around laughing. I rolled my eyes , as Mike pouted starring at his girlfriend.

" I am an awesome brother"

" is that why Luca chose to go to college all the way in Syracuse?" I asked , watching as Mike scoffed shaking his head.

" alright fine , I won't be your brother, "

" I love you Mikey"

" love you too Gabs' He grinned, parking in front of the large park. We all got out, going over to the beginning where the basketball courts were. Mike led the way down the cement trail, around the baseball field and to the large fences.

At night the park was still bright. Dozens of lights were lit up, creating a halo effect on top of the baseball field. I ran across the field, chasing after Emma who decided to run around.

" this is so much fun" She declared collapsing onto the green grass below her. I nodded my head sitting down beside her.

" where are they?" Shaylee whined, falling down to the grass. Mike shrugged, taking his phone out and dialling them.

' no sex! I want swings, go have sex after opening the gates, dirty whores" He chuckled hanging up.

" aww young love" Emma sighed, looking up at the sky. I giggled knowing what she was referring too.

" you mean young sex" Mike retorted, looking around the field. Finally after what seemed like forever , two figures emerged from the front. Luca and Luna ran over, their hair a mess. We all burst out laughing as they watched confused.

" hand over the keys" Mike grabbed the large ring of keys and ran for the tall iron gate, unlocking it and jumping inside.

" it's amazing" He announced going straight for the swings. I ran after him, sitting down on the opposite end and pushing myself off the ground.

" Shay come push me"

" push yourself" She yelled back climbing to the slide. Mike groaned before pushing himself off the ground and swinging.

Emma went for the small carousel off to the side , beside us. It had 5 different horses , and we unlocked the control system to make it move.

" giddy up you horsey" She slapped his metal ass, jumping up and down.

" that's not how you ride a damn horse" Luna announced joining her on the other horse. I took my phone out , snapping a few pictures of them and of me and Mike in the air.

For the next few hours we had a lot of fun. Playing tag and of course hide and seek in the park. It was one of the best days I had so far. They really did cheer me up from my depressing state this morning.

" that was so much fun" Emma grins breathles from all the running we did. I nodded my head following her over to the car. The sun was coming up slowly. We spent over 5 hours here.