𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐬

It was early in the morning

It was early in the morning. The sunrise was beginning to come out while the sea sang. The seagulls begin to sing with the sea. I was sitting on the dry sand waiting for the perfect wave to come.

I got out of the water. I hit a somewhat perfect wave. The sunrise was beginning to shine through the ocean. The sea sang with the seagulls. It felt like peace. I was walking to the dock until i spotted a familiar girl I recognized.

"Well, well ,well, isn't the girl that ghosted me"

I turned my head fast to see who was talking to me. Dannie.

"Well, isn't my dannie" I say, chuckling.
"Yeah, i better be" dannie sat next to me. I saw his surfboard which i didn't know he surf.

"You were surfing or what" i asked, pointing at his board.

"Yeah i do. What about you?"

"Yeah. i'm waiting for a wave" i say, looking back at the ocean.

"Ah, okay. Well there's no good waves right now but i mean" dannie shrugged his shoulders.

"How come you didn't tell me you surf" I asked, i looked at him with curious eyes.

"Well, you never asked during our 5 questions getting to know each other"

I chuckled. He still remembers what happened at the bonfire.

"We were high and drunk" i say, smiling

"Yeah we were" dannie was staring at the ocean. It's like it was speaking to him

"So you like the ocean?" i questioned him

"Yeah, do you?"

"I smiled at him. "Yeah, it's like my home" i was being honest with him. Even if he was a stranger.

"Yeah mine too" we both stared at the beautiful ocean.

"Hey, lets bet. If you win, i'll buy breakfast because i'm starving. But if i win, then you buy breakfast" he chimed.

"Wow. okay" i say, getting up.

"Oh shit, you're serious" he watches me

"Yup, come on" i say , grabbing my board.

꥟꥟

I can't believe you won."

"What can i say, i'm the best" i say, eating my pancake.

"yeah , you are, you're a pro actually" dannie said, he was sipping on his orange juice

"Nah, i've been in this game for too long"

"No. you're seriously a pro. My dad is a professional championship surfer, and a judge too. He's in australia right now for competition." dannie says, eating his egg.

"I didn't know that. How long have you been surfing? And how many times did your dad win?" i asked.

"Ah-i think..ten times. I've been surfing since the age of 10" He tells me.

I was interested.

"Hm, not bad. I've been surfing since i was like 5 years old-"

"Who taught you?" he interrupted me.

"Um-my dad.." I begin to look around. I was fidgeting with my fingers in my lap.

"Is he a pro?" he asks me

"No." I say, short.

"Well, then he must be a natural. It took my dad years to get good" he continues, "but now he's a legend." he smiled big. I can tell he was close to his dad like how i used to be.

"Maybe my dad could meet yours someday"

"Yeah, when he's six feet underground" I say, sharply.

"Oh shit. My bad-i didn't mean to-"

"It's fine you didn't know." i went back to eating, which surprised me.

It was awkward for a bit until Dannie broke the silence.
"I think you should join next year for competition. For surfing"

"What?"

"Yeah. it's in hawaii. My dad could hook you up. Maybe for us both" he said, scratching behind his head.

I blankly looked at him. "I don't know, i have college-"

"You go to school?" he interrupted me again.

"Yes-"

"Fuck school. School wasn't for me, I dropped out like a year or two ago" Dannie says, honestly.

"You what? What college did you go to?" i asked

"um-UT Austin"

"WHAT?!" i yelled, and almost everyone turned to us. "Sorry" i whispered.

"Why? Where are you going?" he questioned.

"um-UT Austin too" I say, scarcely

"Oh shit, that's cool. Were destined." he smiled at me.

I felt like I was gonna throw up. But maybe he was right, maybe we're destined. Maybe I was supposed to meet him. 

꥟꥟꥟

Omg! We get to see Tayliah surf! We got to see Dannie too! Hope y'all like it!