tattoos and piercings

Start from the beginning

"I'm being a good boyfriend, something you wouldn't know about since you've been single your whole life."

"Don't forget Lydia ignoring him for ten years." Ryder snorted at Scott's unintentional jab at his best friend.

"You guys only started dating two months ago, you're practically inexperienced." Stiles said, hands on his hips as he looked at the smirking couple with a faux glare.

"It's actually been five months, so ha."

The Stilinski huffed, eventually giving up as he realized Ryder had apparently spent her summer teaching Austin how to not lose an argument, "I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?"

"I'm not changing my mind." Scott insisted.

"Okay, but why two bands?"

"I just like it."

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?" Stiles asked, turning to Ryder and Austin who were whispering amongst themselves, "Did your first tattoos have any meaning?"

"No."

Scott smiled, "Getting a tattoo means something."

"I don't think that's—"

Scott's tattoo artist intervened, "He's right, tattooing goes back thousands of years. The tahitian word "tatua" means "to leave a mark." Like a rite of passage."

"That's deep." Austin commented, smiling as the woman doing Ryder's tattoo let them know she was finished.

"Yeah, you see? He gets it."

"He's covered in tattoos, Scott, literally."

"Okay, you ready? You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" The man asked the McCall, who immediately shook his head,

"Nope."

"I tend to get a little squeamish though, so—"

Stiles' words are cut off by his body hitting the ground.

"Oh, crap. Austin?"

"Yeah, I got it."

"Should I get a piercing?"

•••

"Oh, man." Scott groaned in pain, hardly noticing the flash that went off in the back seat due to Austin taking a picture of Ryder's tattoo.

Stiles looked over, ice pack placed firmly on his head, "You okay?"

Scott winced, "Kinda burns."

"Yes, you just had your skin stabbed about 100,000 times with a needle."

"Yeah, but I don't think it's supposed to feel like this."

"Oh, God."

"No, it's definitely not supposed to feel like this. Oh, I gotta take this thing off."

The couple in the back finally looked over and watched Scott's tattoo disappear before their eyes.

"Oh, no, what? No, no, come on. It healed."

"That's what I wanted to tell you." Ryder snapped her fingers.

"Ah, thank God. I hated it." Stiles admitted, quickly apologizing at his friends offended expression, "Sorry."