Chapter 2.1: Ares

Ares stood up from the tombstone. Focusing his aura to sit on something solid in the mortal world took concentration. He admitted to himself he isn't the best and with his sister nagging him for information and not reporting the right way, irritated him. He kept his cool though, he wanted her to see that while she was gone, he had grown. He smoked another drag of his cigar. Turning towards his sister, he managed to keep his cool.

She removed her hand from his shoulder as he stood and crossed her arms. The rain started to lighten up for the first time that morning. He could see her scowling with frustration with the lack of evidence. Ares figured it was the message, her demotion, being assigned to him.

"You?" Athena said, "That's vague. They could be taunting us and have their next victim."

Ares threw his cigar away, finally deciding to match hers. He still had to admit to himself that he enjoyed the fact that she would have to serve under him. All of those years of her being the best. To their father. To the citizens of Athens. To history. Everyone always treated him as a lunatic. They treated her as a queen. Despite the fact they were both war gods to the greeks.

"I guess so. You're late." he stared at her for the first time. Both of their eyes locked on another. The stare brings with it centuries of confrontations. His big, hero, sister. The wise one. Look at her now. She's getting exactly what she deserves. Now, it was time to treat her as a subordinate. "Follow me."

He started walking through the other tombstones. Athena followed. "Sorry, Sir, it won't happen again."

Ares wanted to smile and have her repeat saying "sir". He now knew how the mortals felt winning the lottery. This was better than any prizes he won from battles. He could see on her face that she didn't want to.

"Don't be mad about being assigned to me. You're the one who broke a sacred vow. Sleeping with a mortal, I can't believe you even thought you could get away with it. Don't worry though, this is going to be fun for me personally.

He glanced at Athena. She continued to scowl at him. "Well, at least one of us is having fun on a MURDEN investigation." He could hear the sarcasm in her voice and wanted to keep poking. "You said each couple were attacked the same way?

She wanted to keep focus on the case, and he knew they should, but he wasn't going to make this easy on her. All those years of being in her shadow. All of those years feeling like he was a loser. She was going to feel all of it from him. He was going to make her pay. Sister or not. Taunting her is going to be great.

"That is the only thing we know for sure." He paused, and thought about how she's been depowered. He felt a little something for his sister. For all her recognition, she was still his sister, He didn't want her to die, but he wanted to be seen in the same light. "Are you going to be up for this? It's your first case back on active duty and breaking the vow has limited your power levels."

I'll Be up to the task, Sir. I won't be assigned to you for long. Once I solve this case, I'll get my position back. Enjoy this, while you can."

🔮 Stay Tuned for More! Join Our Email List Don't miss the riveting twists and turns in the divine saga. Subscribe to our free email list to receive updates on Ares and Athena's unfolding adventure. Dive into a world of power struggles and hidden motives by clicking here:

https://terriojenkins.clickfunnels.com/optin1690471507296