Nightmare

A/N; As always, the cover image won't work. The above image will become the cover eventually. Not my best, but certainly not bad. For more info about Burn's appearance or how I came up with it go to my other book... idk what is called right now. So! Let's get right to it! Also, Burn is a girl, and the person above.

*Que DreamWorks intro with fishing-rod and boy and moon and clouds*

"This is Berk." A girl narrated. "It's 12 days north of hopeless and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It's located solidly on a meridian of misery. My village. In a word; sturdy. It's been here for seven generations but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes, we have..." Burn opened the rickety wooden door of her house to see a flaming red beast. "Dragons." She grabbed her sword and stepped back outside, looking to see if anyone was watching. Clear coast, she ran up to the dragon and stabbed it in the tail. It shrieked in pain, but flew off into the night. "Most people would leave." She wiped blood off her sword. "Not us we're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues. My name's Burn. Typical name, I know. But, it's not half bad. I'm named for my eyes. Who wouldn't want eyes that look like literal fires?" Heading toward the center of town, shouts could be heard as a small boy squeezed through the crowd of armed Vikings. Hiccup. Great name, I know, but there are worse. Parents believe a hideous name will ward off... just about anything." She hurried over to the forge, waiting for Hiccup to be deposited by either Gobber or the chief. Hopefully Gobber. He didn't mind her hanging around, so long as she didn't touch anything. Things had gotten so much better for her ever since a year ago. It was attacking the sheep, and she had a sword. She killed it. And she had never felt better. She heard loud yells. 

"What is he doing out again? What are you doing out? Get inside!" The chief was yelling at Hiccup again. Burn could see him from her spot. 

"Stoic the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of his shoulders. Do I believe it? Yes I do." She sighed, Stoick hated her guts.

"Burn!" She looked up.

"Hiccup." She smiled. They were a strange pair of friends. Burn wasn't much of a people person. She was sure that if she wanted, they could spend all their time together. But there were two problems with that. 1. Stoick was Hiccup's dad. 2. She didn't really like the forge. It was hot. And smelly. And just... ugh... "I thought a Monstrous Nightmare had bitten off your head."

"Meh, you and Spark could take it." He said, pulling on an apron. She walked in the doors with him. She found her usual stool and sat down. She wasn't much of a blacksmith. She could sharpen Spark in a pinch, but that was the extent of her abilities. "Besides, I'm waaay to muscular for a dragon's taste, they wouldn't know what to do with all... this." He attempted to flex. Burn had to keep herself from snorting, she could pick Hiccup up with one arm, and he knew it. Hiccup noticed and rolled his eyes. If anyone else had done that, he would've been offended, but with Burn he just wasn't. Not because she didn't mean it, Burn was brutally honest. Once he had made a sword and Burn had blatantly told him it wouldn't cut a toothpick. No. Burn didn't do it to make fun of him. She did it to tease him. Yelling escalated outside.

"Shit. Bye you two! I've got fires to douse!" She hurried outside to the gang. Burn was one of 6 young teens who were tasked with putting out the fires that came with the dragons. At first, they hated her, like everyone else in the village. But, over the long course of one year, she got them all to not hate her. Except Astrid. Actually, she's just cold to everyone. 

"Hey guys!" She called, getting her pail of water. She raced toward the flames. Another explosion hit, and out of the corner of her eye, Burn could've sworn she saw Hiccup staring at Astrid. Meh, honestly who doesn't. They walked back to get more water when Hiccup addressed me from the window.