Damien

I woke with a start, cold sweat dampening my nightshirt. Where am I?   I've never slept so soundly in my life.

I observed the gothic decor of the room and thought back to last night.

I had wished Father, Pennyworth and my adopted brothers goodnight before I made my way to my bedroom, when Rachel called. We talked and laughed for a bit before I went to bed. That was the last thing I remember.

But how did I get here?

As I racked my brain for answers the ornate doors swung open revealing someone I never thought I'd see again...

"Mother?"

She grinned, her eyes glinting sharply "Before you ask, Damien, you're here for a very important reason; you're getting your betrothed"

"What?!" I exclaimed, glaring sharply at her "I thought I informed you through my letters! I already have someone, and she's the only one for me!"

She frowned, her lips pulled in a vicious sneer "Damien, are you talking about that half-demon girl, R-something?"

"Rachel"

"Yeah, her" she scoffed, rolling her eyes "Damien, dear, she's trash compared to who I've chosen for you"

"I don't care who you chose for me, Rachel is my one and only" she scoffed again and smirked

"You'd better do as I say young man, lest your precious 'Rachel' get involved in a little... accident" she leaned on the wall and stared at me "Your betrothed is by far more powerful and beautiful than that half-demon girl, and she's more your type. Think about it, Damien. She could help improve the league and bring your grandfather's vision to life "

"..." I looked away and huffed "I'm guessing father doesn't know about this"

She smirked "Your father doesn't need to be aware" she pushed herself away from the wall and opened the door "Your garments are in the closet, put them on and wait a while, no funny business " and with that she was gone

I sighed and did as she said, a little curious about my so-called betrothed. I remember mother approving of Rachel just weeks ago, so who was this woman appearing out of nowhere, changing her perspective of her?

Who?

So like hey guys! :)
I'm back with a new PJO fanfiction experiment
I'm writing this because I've not seen a lot of Percy x Damien and I wanted to try it. Speaking of which; if any of you are aware of any of such please comment the titles so I can read them, thanks and byeee
I hope you have an enjoyable day/night and stay safe!