Damien

When I told father I and Percy were married it was part truth and part joke. You see Percy and I are married, but only in the mortal sense of the word. In actuality, I'm courting her. 

You see, her godly family don't exactly approve of me - partly because I'm mortal and partly because my father's a playboy. Her mom adores me but her dad, siblings and other relatives despise my very existence.

Now that she's pregnant, it's even worse. I don't know what I'd do without Percy's bold and sassy personality. She's the only one I know that can scold literal gods to obedience. You should've seen how her dad and uncles were cowed after an attempted murder. It was honestly hilarious if you shrug off the fact that it was terrifying as well.

After a week to ourselves, father found us - I bet Grayson snitched us again, the damn goody-goody. Now he's staring intensely at me over his coffee, while Percy and Jason are chatting animatedly by the kitchen counter.

"Not only did you get married without telling me - without telling any of us, including Alfred - you got the poor girl pregnant?!" I roll my eyes. "Father, I wanted to tell you, honest, but I was busy"

"Busy what?"

"Busy trying to cultivate feelings with her since this entire betrothal-marriage thing was mother's idea" "Talia?" he sat up, his face tensed "What did she do this time?" I groan, glancing at Percy, who was shoving ice cream in her mouth.

After explaining, father was more accepting, but he felt a little insulted that the gods didn't approve of me. "I have a sort of competition thing in  week time or so" I mumble.

"A competition? What for?" Grayson asks, getting comfy on the couch, little Mar'i in his arms. I glare at him. "It's tradition. Apparently, since Percy's princess of the seas there's a... battle of suitors? I don't know. It's something that tests the worthiness of a suitor vying for his princess' hand and I'm supposed to fight it out with a couple of other men who've been eyeing her for who knows how long" I sigh, my head in my hands "And it's only a month away"

"Dad's postponed it till after I give birth" Percy chirps, perching herself on my lap. She wrenches my hands off my face and places it around her waist, leaning into my chest. "So you have about five months or so to get ready" she kissed my cheek "You don't have to worry though, since we're already married"

"But I want to prove myself to your family" I protest, tightening my hold on her waist "I want to show them that even though I don't deserve you, I am far more deserving than the other vermin that dream of courting you"

She giggled, pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth "Don't spout nonsense. You deserve me. You're worthy and nobody - absolutely nobody - is going to change that, you hear me?" I nod and she kisses me. 

She sighs, nuzzling against my neck "I know you'll do fine. But now you could train better since your family is here" they all pause and stare at her. "What? I know y'all are the bat fam. Pretty obvious if you ask me" she shrugs "I'm going in for my hourly nap. Be a good host" she kissed me again and sauntered upstairs to our bedroom.

I groan