The Dying Of The Light 「Prequel Chapter 4」

Date, September 1st, 1850, time: 18:54am. |This is how Lady Deanna died, so there is a content warning. It also involves descenting into madness. |

"Did you hear something?". Paul looked at his wife as he painted her, "Did I hear what?", she replied, she was confused, "Nothing, don't worry about it.". He smiled, his green eyes met hers as they both smiled, "I love you, my darling and dear Deanna, you know that right?". The woman smiled, moving his easel away to the side, sitting on his lap,"I know...and I love you too. ".

He put his arms around her, "God...you're wonderful. ".He smiled, stroking her face,she smiled, giggling, Paul's face dropped, and she noticed that, she didn't like to be ignored, she wasn't fond of it "What on earth is the matter with you?". She realised as her husband spoke, his tone in fear, "There's...something out there....I can sense it.". His eyes panicked, his pupils shrink in fear, "The wolves...my darling..Deanna...wolves..!". The woman turned to look outside, he wasn't lying, he would never let lie, "Wait here.". She got up, Talbot helping her, she took the nearest candelabra, he grabbed her hand, "No! I'm going with you!". She looks at him, placing her head down onto his, "I'll be okay...I promise. ". She placed the candelabra down for a moment, his lordship pulled her close to him, holding her hand, kissing her hand, "I'm not willing to lose you, I don't want to lose your touch.". She smiled and stroked her fingers through his hair, it was brown and blonde, it had short curls, she just really loved him, she loved Paul more than anything, but some say that they were too happy. Was that true? Let's see.

She heard the creatures again, her husband shook his head, not wanting her to go, "TALBOT! Candelabra if you please. ". The male passed her the candelabra, lighting the wicks with the flames of the fire, she took it in her hands, it was a live or death situation for both of them, running to the outside world, and wearing her woven blue cotton coat, and her brown and leather boots, hand crafted of course. "God...if something happens to you, I'll never forgive myself!". Lady Deanna turned to him, "Oh Paul. I promise that nothing will be as bad.". He sighed and then teared up, watching her go into the night, stretching it out and pulling it back in, he was absolutely concerned about her safety, "She'll be alright sir, I know she will.,". Talbot smiled, watching his lordship become physically shaken, he was absolutely concerned for his wife's safety.

Lady Deanna sighed,hearing her husband, their relationship like the flame, never to.go out. Nor fade away, it was their heart and soul in one. Love and resurrection, if you know what I mean. Then she ran outside through the main door, something seemed off, they had gone again, her ladyship questioned herself, "Hm ... .where have they gone to?". She looks around, one growled right in front of her, she swinged the candelabra into the creature's face, the candle hit the creature, the candle hit the muddy grass below, causing it to go out She had then turned away to return back inside. One of those things one of those creatures pounced onto her throat and tore out her windpipe and then went to heavily disfigure her face. She screamed and screamed. Blood streamed down her face as every little skin pigment and molecular tissue was torn . Talbot got up hearing the distress for himself, running outside, "Oh fuck...no...". He grabbed the candelabra, the cook shouted, her had gone our to look for her also, "Talbot! Here!". Her ladyship's face was heavy disfigured, her neck bleeding heavily, the woman screamed, " I should've listened to him! I should've listened to him!". She repeatedly screamed, the skin peeling off her face causing her blood to spill.

The two men picked her up, she was losing blood and fast, they ran her inside, not his lordship's knowledge, he waited there patiently for her safe return. "What is taking her so lo-?". A blood curdling scream echoed in his ears, and it cut like a knife, "DEANNA?!". He ran upstairs, then it went silent, she was put to sleep, Talbot came through the door, "What happened to her?!". He glared and snapped, "Sir...she's...been...attacked. ". He looked at Talbot worryingly, "Attacked...attacked?.". The cook stayed with her until a slight and final gasp, her breath heavily, she had died within seconds of falling asleep. The cook came through the door, his face pale and drawn like he was very ill, he was just sad, that was all. He looked up at his lordship, "Is she alright, White? SAY SOMETHING!".The male quietly responded, shaking his head, "No...she's gone sir...".

The lordship of the manor fell to his knees, visibly shaken as tears dripped down his face. He held his head against the wooden floorboards, he screamed, "DEANNA!!!!". He physically twitched, something became off about him, the other two looked at him, watching him physically shaken and twitch, "Are you alright, sir Weller?". He looked up at his cook and valet, his green eyes fading to a greyish colour, "Fine...everything's fine ". He then got up, walking away. He became quiet, his pupils small and physically drained of life.

He went back downstairs sat in his chair next to his easel and paint stained box, the other two looked at him, "Oh...God. Has he?". Stephan asked, "No I don't think he'll go mad. He's someone else, I know he won't go mad.". The valet replied, worried about his lordship's safety.

The lordship tapped on his pocket knife, he placed it in his hands before placing it down again, something was telling him to do something...her voice...

A few days had passed since her death, he remained to sit there, hearing the voice of her, it was draining him emotionally, he felt extremely guilty for her death he tapped the pocket knife again, thinking of something drastic and painriden, he looked at his face in a small mirror, feeling it, grabbing the small pocket knife, he shouted and screamed at the top of his lungs and stabbed his eyes out just enough so he could tear them out with his bare hands.

That's what he did, he tore out his eyes, blood dripped down his face, right into his paints below him, he managed to remember where he put his paintbrush, he mixed in the blood with something else, some other pigment, Talbot came through, "Are you alright sir?", the other turned up, "Talbot?". He tilted his head, he was confused, the other walked to him, "Yes sir?". The lordship of the manor spoke, "She lied to me...Deanna...Deanna lied. Didn't she?". Talbot only just realised the blood on his hands, "Sir, did you? Go...mad?" He turned to face him, pulling out his pocket knife, he shaked, his eyes were now just gouges were they were once, "She lied...to me...Michael..she lied!". He turned back around to his painting, it was made of blood and other pigments, his hands twitched. He fell forward onto the canvas from blood leaking out his eyes, Talbot taking some bandages and wrapping them around his lordship's eyes, "Relax sir ... .I'll try and keep them from here, that's all I can do.". His lordship replied, "Don't. You. Fucking. Dare. Talbot. ".

He walked out of the room, downstairs into the kitchen, Stephen looked at Talbot as if he wasn't doing anything, "What's the matter?". Talbot looked at the cook and sighed... "You seem awfully distressed and disturbed. ".

"Sir's gone mad, he's isolated himself from us, the world. You name it.". The cook sighed, they both sighed. Unable to process his madness and tragic guilt that rushed through the house. "Shit....what has he done.". The male looked at him, "He tore out his eyes...". The cook gasped, knowing what happened. "Oh...shit I suppose all he could see was her ladyship's former elegant face and being torn to shreds. He must feel so guilty". , the valet hands shaking, trying desperately to wash the blood from his lordship off his hands. The other sighed, "Hell, he'll be fine. I promise. ".