Chapter 1

*Prologue*

Date: October 1st, 1855. 「Y/N's POV」

You sat down with your younger siblings, you were all so hungry, there hasn't been much food in a while, you thought of something, to go get something from the forest, I mean, it was one of your smartest ideas in a long time. You sighed, and you were tired. You yawned, blinking your eyes as you looked in the basket. You were just so hungry. You looked at your mother, getting up scratching your head. "Alright, mother, I'm going out to the forest to get some food for us! I'll be back soon!!". You shout, your mother hears you, coughing slightly, "Alright, Y/N, come back soon! Be safe, dear!! Just bare of the wolves in the forest. ". You nod "Yes mother. I understand. ", hearing your mother, closing the small door behind you. Holding a basket in your hands, you walked through the town, through the village, straight down the alleyway. It was late, but you needed to do something. You walked and walked until you made it into the forest. It was raining that evening, your clothes disorganised, fragmented, and frayed, your small torn boots stained with the mud, you sneezed, hearing something. A snap of a branch? You shook your head and went on, walking up, down, left, right and centre, "Hmmm. Nothing here. Must keep looking, mother believes in me. " Another snap of a broken branch, then a growl, a herd of wolves became close, fear swooped you and took you by surprise, you panicked, you breathed heavily, you turned around and gasped, dropping your basket and running, you tripped but you managed to get back up, the beasts continued to chase you down the forest, you ran and ran further away. You were afraid of death, nothing else, afraid of losing everything. You saw a house in the distance you ran towards, thinking of it as a safe haven.

The house you ran to, was a rather large house, it was like a castle, but it wasn't, you didn't know what it was, you never saw a house that big before, you quickly banged on the door as the wolves snarled up behind you, "Let me in please!!! Oh, please, God let me in!! ". A ran down the stairs, you could hear it , grabbing the door open, grabbing your arm with his other hand, pulling you into safety, "Stay there!". The tall male grabbed a candlestick and swung it at the wolves. They panicked, and the wolves ran off, not returning.
"Are you alright, ma'am?". You backed away, a little bit scared, you never heard such a loyal sounding man before, his accent was posh, but not overly posh, he was called back somewhere as a bell rang, upstairs, somewhere. "TALBOT!!". A voice yelled, "Yes, your lordship?". As the male ran back upstairs, hearing the other male's voice.

You gasped, turning to surprise and wonder something. You had no idea who it was, though. You never heard of "His lordship. "You thought it was odd, strange, "Is this man a helper or some kind of assistant? People don't have helpers unless its in the factories...or do they?". You shook your head, walking around the grand hall. It was beautiful, elegant. But you stopped. And just observed the big building as you remained on the first floor.

|???「POV」|

A male sat on his bed, painting something, his paints of red and other modern colours, "Talbot, who is that voice?". His server replied, "I don't know, sir, but she was in trouble sir, she was in trouble with the wolves. ". The other male felt threatened, "WOLF! WOLF! WOLF!". The male calmed the other down, "Calm down, sir. I know what happened to your dear wife. It was a terrible night. She didn't deserve to die so young.". The male sighed, placing his hand on his painting before going back to his paintbrush and continued to paint, "I'll let you relax, sir, I'll go speak with our guest. ".