Scott winced, "It doesn't look good."

"You guys are the doctors, how come you don't have an answer?"

Aaron rolled his eyes dramatically, "He's a supernatural creature, Ryder, we've only worked on humans."

"Whoa. Um, mom, could you zip it up, please?"

"Okay." Melissa breathed out, struggling to close the bag.

"Mom, zip. Zip! Zip, mom, zip! Zip!"

"Jesus, McCall, she's trying." Austin told him with wide eyes, watching as Ramona took over, zipping the bag with ease.

•••

Ryder was now sat in the back of Chris Argent's car, staring ahead at the seat in front of her. She was in between Isaac and Austin, sighing every once in a while as her boyfriend rubbed her thigh.

Ramona and Aaron and gotten a call from Josie, the girl wanting her parents to pick her up from the sleepover she had attended. After receiving a very detailed explanation from their oldest daughter, promising them that she would be okay, they left. Hugging the girl with tears in their eyes, both scared that one day they would lose her due to how big her heart had grown.

There were times when they wished she had kept her heart closed off, that way they didn't have to worry so much about her risking her life for other people. But they then realized that if this hadn't happened, then they would possibly have to deal with the girl being miserable.

And they liked happy Ryder over the sad one.

Getting out of the vehicle, Isaac looked back, "I think he stopped moving."

"Where's Derek?"

Just as Chris said this, they watch in shock and horror as Derek came running up to them on all fours, flipping before he landed, eyes glowing.

"God, that is so embarrassing." Ryder spoke, covering her mouth in bewilderment, not really caring if any of them heard. "Do I look like that?"

"Well, you actually turn into a wolf, so no." Austin reassured her, smiling slightly as he saw her sigh in relief.

"I'm here for Jackson. Not you." Chris told the Hale, stumbling forward a bit as Ryder pushed past him, wanting to her a clearer look at the man in front of her. She also took this as an opportunity to look around for the older Hale that she knew was hiding around.

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek said, "Get him inside."

Austin scoffed, "Have some manners, geez."

He and Isaac both shared a look before grabbing the bag that contained Jackson's body.

•••

"Where are they?"

"Who?"

"Peter and Lydia. Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"Not two names I want to hear in the same sentence." Austin rubbed the girls shoulders comfortingly.

Derek brushed him off, unzipping Jackson's bag, "We're past that."

"What about—"

"Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."