Chapter 17

It had been about a week since the incident with Tobias. Spence was doing better, and today is our first date.

"What to wear what to wear." I stood in my underwear staring at my closet. I looked over to my computer to see that Kenna was calling me on FaceTime.

"I HEARD SOMEONE HAD A DAAATTTTEEEEE" she sang. I smiled. "I don't know what to wear though."

Just then there was a nock at my door. I put my robe on and opened it. "The fashion police are here!" Prentess said as her and JJ walked in. "I don't know where he's taking me so what do I wear?" I asked. "Luckily we happen to know!" JJ said, going towards the closet. "Hey McKenna, how's Australia treating you?" She said to my computer.

"Good! It's quite hot, so are the men" Kenna said. "Good! We miss you here." She said, throwing a light orange floral dress at me.

"I miss you guys too." She said. Emily handed me an accent necklace as well as a longer necklace.

"Someone should tell me where Spence is taking me." I said. "Nope." JJ said, popping the P. She gave me a pair of lace up greek sandals. "You're gonna love it." McKenna said. "You know too?!" I asked. Emily threw a black fedora/floppy sun hat at me.

"Who do you think he called asking for date ideas?" She laughed.

"Change!"JJ ordered. I went into the bathroom and put on the outfit. I'll admit I looked good.

I walked out to see the girls had let Spencer in. When he saw me his eyes lit up. "Y-you're so beautiful." He stuttered. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Go on you two have fun!" JJ smiled.

"We'll lock up don't worry." Emily said. I smiled. "Bye guys." Spence opened the door for me and McKenna called. "Have fun, but not too much fun!" I turned red and walked out.

"Are we there yet." I asked. "No."

"Are we there now?"

"No."

"Now?"

Victoria Aubrey Shields I will let you know when we get there." Spence said. I smiled.

We pulled into a gravel parking lot crowded with cars and people tailgating. In the distance I could see a huge stage. I looked over to Spence. "Ed Sheeran is performing tonight..." I said softly. He smiled. "I know." I grinned. "I love Ed Sheeran." He looked at me. "I know" I reached over and hugged him really tight. "You're amazing." I said.

We got out of the car and he got a blanket out of the back. "I'm surprised Spence, this doesn't really seem like your forte." I said. "It's not, but it's yours, and who knows, maybe i'll like their music." He replied, I laughed. "Maybe"

We walked up the the lawn area right in front of the stage and Spence set out the blanket. "Drinks, m'lady?" He asked poshly. I laughed. "I'll go with you." I grabbed his hand and saw him blush.

We walked over to the concession stand and got a beer for me, and a soda for him. We went back to our spot and sat down just as Ed was taking the stage. He started off with "you need me I don't need you" I smiled and leaned my head on Spence's shoulder. If I could stay there forever I would.

"The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering."

Ben Okri