Chapter 16

Silence.

All I could hear was silence.

I stopped moving and fell to the floor. All energy I had left had gone from my body. I felt lifeless. Useless. A shell of a person. Words couldn't explain the way I felt at that moment.

Morgan was looking at me, saying something. But all I heard was silence.

...TORI!" I finally registered his voice. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I screamed. "SPENCER CALLED ME THAT."

"Shields!" He interrupted me. "Tobias is trying to revive him." I looked up. Tobias gave another push on his chest and Spence started coughing. I found the strength to stand up and grab Derek's hand. "Oh my God." I said.

I covered my mouth with my hand.

"When was the last murder posted?" Prentiss asked. "9:23. 911 call was placed at 9:04." Hotch replied.

"How long does it take to post a video?" Derek asked. "About 2-3 minutes." Garcia said.

"Ok, Let's call it 2.

You figure a maximum of 60 miles an hour in a residential area.

That means hankel has to be within a 17-mile radius of the crime scene." I said.

Garcia pulled it up on a map. "I want that area locked down like it's marshal law." Gideon said.

"How many others are on your team?" Tobias asked. We turned out attention back to the video feed. "7" Spence replied.

"The 7 angels on the 7 horses prepare to sound." Tobias said.

"He thinks it's Revelation, the 7 arc angels vs. the 7 angels of death." I said.

"Choose one to die." Tobias said. My eyes went wide.

"What?" He said.

"Your team members. Choose one to die." He repeated.

"Kill me." He said. I shook my head. "No no no nonono." I mumbled.

"Your team has 7 other members. Choose one to die." Tobias said.

"no." Spence said. Tobias pulled out a gun. "WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!" I screamed. He spun the bullet case and held the gun to Spence's head. "STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP" I screamed. But he couldn't hear me.

"Choose and prove you'll do God's will." Tobias said. "No."

He pulled the trigger. No bullet. I let out a breath.

He set the gun again. "Choose."

"I won't do it."

He pulled the trigger.

No bullet.

He set the gun again. "Life is a choice."

"Spence just choose." I sobbed.

"No"

He pulled the trigger.

No bullet.

He set the gun again. "Choose."

"I choose Aaron Hotchner."

I squeezed Hotch's hand, I didn't realize I was holding it.

"He's a classic narcissist. Thinks he's better than anyone else on the team." Reid said. "Genesis 23:4"

Hotch walked out of the room.

I watched as Tobias held the gun way over Spence's head, and pulled the trigger.

A bullet went through the back wall.

We all followed Hotch into the other room. He was holding a bible. "I'm not a narcissist." He said. "Oh come on, don't take anyth-" Gideon started.

"No stop, stop." Hotch interrupted.

"Alright everybody right now what's my worst quality." He said.

Silence.

"Alright i'll start I have no sense of humor." He said.

"You're a bully." JJ spoke up.

"You can be a drill sergeant sometimes." Derek said.

"You don't trust women as much as men." I said.

"Ok i'm all these things but none of you said I put myself above the team because I don't, ever. Reid and I argued about the definition of classic narcissism and he knew that I would remember that and he also quoted Genesis chapter 23 verse 4 read it." He handed us a bible.

I am a stranger and a sojourner with you, Give me property,forbear a place among you that I may bury my dead out of my sight.

"He wouldn't get it wrong unless it was on purpose." I said.

"He's in a cemetery."

-

"I don't see a cemetery." Prentiss said, looking at the map.

"Call up the first time we saw Reid." Gideon ordered.

" I won't choose who gets slaughtered and have you leave their remains behind like a poacher." The video recording of Spence said.

"Check to see if there are any reports of poaching in the last couple of days." Hotch said.

"Farmer reported two sheep being slaughtered on his property." Garcia read.

"Where?" I asked.

"Marshall Parish..... oh my God there's also a Cemetery there!"

I was the first one out the door.

______________________

"Go." Hotch said.

"FBI!" Morgan yelled as he kicked down the door.

We searched the room. "It's clear." I said, angry.

We spread out and searched the grounds. I heard a gunshot. "Spence!" I yelled, frantically searching. "There he is!" I followed the other guards. I spotted Spence, kneeling over Tobias' body.

He was alive.

Hotch helped Spence up. "You're alive." I said. He looked at me. He ran over and lifted me up in a hug. "You're alive. Oh my God you're alive." I breathed. He set me down but kept his hands on my waist.

"Please don't ever split up again." I said. He was silent as he stared into my eyes, which were filled with tears.

"I almost lost you." I whispered. He continued to stare into my eyes.

And he leaned down and kissed me.

And I kissed him back.