Chapter 1

"Tori!" The man called out as he slid my drink onto the counter. I smiled and thanked him as I stuck my straw in and took a sip.

I walked out of the coffee shop and onto the streets of Quantico, taking in the fresh air. I made my way back to my apartment to begin the long task of unpacking.

I opened my door to be greeted by my super tiny, overly excited, adorable terrier, Coco. Typical dog name but it was one I favored.
I was quite proud of the apartment I could afford. You walked through the front door to be greeted with an open space that I would soon fill with a white rug that contrasted the dark wood floors, black cushion chairs, a tall floor lamp, a glass coffee table, and two white ottomans. The back wall will be lined with my 4 bookshelves.
To the far right next to the door is the white stairs leading up to my room which overlooked the whole apartment. Next to the stairs was a wall, with one side that faced the living room that would be a more decorative counter with a glass back wall that would play host to a wine bottle, some greenery, and photos of my family and best friend McKenna who happens to be moving in next to me. The other side has my kitchen.

Of course it had dawned on me that my dream apartment would take quite a bit of time, considering all that filled it were my books, bookshelves, bed and personal items. Basically my apartment was box city for the time being, my furniture arrived in a few days.

I picked up Coco and walked up to my room. "Where's my little furball...." I asked coco. I spotted my kitty napping in a sunspot on my bed. I smiled and put Coco down. I picked up mittens (yes another stereotypical pet name) and petted her. She was about the size of my palm.

I sipped my coffee. I started my job at the BAU tomorrow. The BAU is the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. I was a mixture of excited and nervous, all brewing in my stomach. I'm not sure how I was drinking coffee without puking my guts out.

I decided now was as good a time as ever to set up the surround sound and plugged my phone up. The Remedy by Jason Mraz came on and I went downstairs and started loading books onto my shelves. I sorted them by category, and then by last name. I finished off one shelf and was about to start on another when I heard my door open and turned around to see McKenna walk in carrying Chinese takeout and her puppy, Max, on a leash.

"The help has arrived!" She sang. "you are a saint" I breathed as I tied up my blonde hair into a messy bun. She took Max off his leash and him and Coco ran off into my room together.

We sat around a box and ate our Chinese. "So how's will?" I asked. She smiled. "Amazing as always, Michael?" She replied. I sighed "a pain in the ass as always" she nodded. "I don't understand why you don't just break up with him"
I shrugged.

"Because there will always be a part of me that will come back to him."