Chapter 6

"JJ, Morgan, and Shields VS Reid, Elle, and Hotch" Gideon had decided he wanted no part of our little glow in the dark paintball game.

"Players, you have 10 seconds to find shelter. 10, 9, 8...." I ran and dove behind a barrier, peeking my gun over the top.

"4, 3"

"Ima make you my bitch Hotchner!" I heard Morgan yell. "I thought that was Garcia's job!" I cracked up at Hotch's response.

"2, 1 BEGIN"

I heard footsteps coming my way and saw the faint glow of blue. I shot up from my hiding spot and shot 3 times. "Alright! alright I'm out!" I heard Elle yell. I smirked and ran for another hiding spot.

I heard more shots fired and a "who's whose bitch now?!" Followed by an "asshole" I guess Morgan's out.

More shots fired, JJ was out.

I decided to go on offense and move to the other side of the arena. I turned and saw the blue glow, and shot. Hotchner was out, leaving Reid and I.

The speakers came on. "Reid we know you're in your little hiding spot, not willing to move, so as motivation, loser has to buy dinner. For everyone.

I heard movement and instantly ducked as paintballs hit the wall where I was not a second before. I turned and fired, hitting the wall. I moved and saw the glow of Reid's vest. His back was facing me.

Instead of shooting, I took off my vest so he wouldn't see the glow, and took my gun with me. I came up behind him and grabbed his left arm with my hand, and held my gun to the shoulder of his vest. I felt him jump.

I leaned up and pressed myself slightly against his back, and whispered in his ear.

"I think I can have my gun permit now."

And I fired a paintball into his shoulder pad.

"WIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRR" I danced in place as the lights in the arena came on. "CHICKEN DINNEEEEERRRRRR" I shot a few paintballs into the air. Morgan came up behind me and lifted me up onto his shoulders.

We got quiet and I looked down at Morgan. We both smirked.

"WIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRR" We sang in unision.

We all rode in the FBI cars back to the building where our cars were parked.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow night for the Skins game?" Reid asked me. I smiled. "sounds good!" I said, getting into my Hummer and rolling down the window.

"Oh, Reid?" I called as he started to walk away. "Yeah?" He turned to face me. "My furniture comes in tomorrow, would you and Morgan be free to help me move it in?" I asked.

He smiled. "Why me? I have the strength of a squirrel." I shrugged.

"I thought it would be a good idea to hang and get to know you guys better." I said. He grinned "Sounds like a plan"

"And silence, like darkness, can be kind; it, too, is a language."

I sat on the edge of my bed, next to the window. Of course I picked this apartment for its location, and size. But I had also fallen in love with the view from this window. I was on the top floor, and it had an amazing view of the city.

It portrayed a beautiful scene of what the city could be. Peaceful and elegant. A place of community, where a child could spend their whole life surrounded by a few friends who never left them. Their parents coming together once a week to cook out, chat about whatever while their kids laughed and splashed around in the pool. The kind of childhood I craved ever since I was old enough to think for myself.

I stared down at the photo of my parents. Of course I never got that. I knew the true city. Not the one all lit up that you see from your expensive little hotel room on the top floor while on your business trip. No, the city where no woman or child was safe enough to walk on their own amongst the streets littered with gangs and killers, pimps and prostitutes. But the child still had to go, the metaphorical child. The mother whose only option was to sell herself only to make barely enough to feed herself and her children.

Of course that wasn't the childhood I got either- I was lucky enough to say that. I grew up in a home with parents who busted their asses to get me to where I am today, a brother with the IQ of a peanut but the ability to choose from any college he wished. A pro football player. A sister who has made all the wrong decisions. The city has not been kind to her.

I looked back out the window. The city has been kind to me, and I can't wait to see what it has in store.