Chapter 9

Hotch's POV

I awoke to the room phone ringing. "Agent Hotchner" I answered.

"agent hotchner, don't waste time on the first victims.

they were unrepented bad men.

she's the important one.

remember, everything starts at the beginning.

"who is this?" I asked.

" there won't be much time.

the youngest holds the key.

you must help him save her." The line went dead.

"Who was that?" Haley asked. I looked at her.

"I don't know."

Gideon's POV

"Delivery for Jason Gideon." I took the package from the man and closed the door.

There was an envelope on top of the box with the words "SAVE HER" written on it, and inside, a baseball card.

I opened the box and inside was a human head.

Tori's POV

I woke up the next morning and looked out the window to paradise. I smiled and went over to Spencer's room, connected to mine. I opened the door and found him still asleep. Rare for the boy. I went over to his bed and stared at him. He looked so peaceful...

"WAKE UP PRETTY BOY WE GOT THINGS TO DO AND PLACES TO SEE" I screamed, jumping on his bed. "uggghhh really?" He groaned, throwing a pillow at me. I smiled. "I'll buy you coffee" I said. That got his attention.

"I'm up!" He shot up. I laughed.

Suddenly there was a nock at Spence's door. Seeing as he was shirtless, I went over and answered it. It was Morgan. He looked surprised. I blushed. "It's not what it looks like, I just came in to wake him up" I defended. Morgan smirked, but then his face got serious.

"Elle's been arrested." He said. "What, why?" Spence asked from the bed. "Someone was murdered, and a blood trail led to her door. They think she did it. Get dressed and meet me at the police station." He said. I nodded and closed the door. I turned to Spence.

"I just wanted ONE vacation." He sighed.

___________________________________________

Gideon had just arrived as we were examining the time of death. I spotted the room that Elle was in and Hotch walked up to me. "Ready?" Reid and I nodded and we walked into the room.

"Detective" Hotch greeted. "I'm SSA Hotchner, agent Greenaway's superior, this is agent Shields and Dr. Reid." I nodded at him.

"We're not finished here" He said.

"Agent Greenaway only arrived in your country yesterday afternoon." Hotch said, and turned to me.

"We brought in a forensics expert, and he's examined the body at your morgue, and he's put the time of death at no less than 24 hours ago. Now this is based on advanced rigor mortis and the contents of the stomach, which contained a meal that he ordered from room service two days ago. Your coroner concurs with the findings now if you'd like proof of agent Greenaway and the rest of the team's arrival time I will happily get it for you and maybe next time you'll gather all your evidence before arresting one of our agents." I said. Reid looked slightly turned on. Not gonna lie I slightly turned myself on.

"what this means is that agent greenaway wasn't even here when this man was killed.

now, i appreciate that you have a difficult situation, and this team is happy to cooperate in any what that they can, but they'll do it from our offices in quantico, virginia." Hotch said.

The detective threw the key to Elles's handcuffs onto the table and we left.

"I want all of you packed and ready to leave. I brought the jet to take us back to Quantico." Gideon said, walking into the police station. "Nice to see you too" I said, walking past him and out to the awaiting cab.

Reid and I were in a heated discussion about who would win in a fight, Batman or Spiderman, when he spotted an envelope sitting outside his room door, addressed "Dr. Reid" He raised an eyebrow, picking it up. Inside was a key and a note that read:

She will die unless you save her, Dr. Reid.

I groaned. Reid stared at the paper.

"Let's just go." He said, walking into his room. I walked into mine and put on some proper clothes, considering I was in shorts and a t-shirt from this morning. I slipped on Stella Mccartney cream trousers, a silk wrap blouse, and a black blazer. I also put on black heels and my watch. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=163062291 or look up whitnijohns on polyvore, and most of my recent sets are for the book)

Not my usual "mini Reid" look, but I was trying something new.

I walked out with all my stuff and saw Spence waiting on me in the hallway. He looked me up and down. "You look nice" He complimented. I smiled and was about to say thank you when my phone rang. "I- It's Michael... I forgot to tell him I was on vacation" I cursed.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you" He yelled. From the expression on Reid's face I could tell he heard, too.

"Ummm Jamiaca" I said casually.

"JAMAICA?!" He yelled.

"Yup" I popped the P. I was not in the mood for his shit.

"You get your ass back to America" He said threateningly.

"Let me think about that... um no" I replied. Even though I was about to board a plane back.

"Don't tell me nerdy boy is there with you because I swear to God i'll beat your ass."

"awweee that's not very nice. You probably shouldn't threaten an FBI agent with a gun-"

"wait he's threatening you?!" Spencer looked dead pissed. I had never seen that side of him. I shushed him and continued.

"And as a matter of fact he is... wait. How do you know about Spence??" I asked.

He laughed.

"I like to keep tabs on you, pretty girl."