talk about feelings

Start from the beginning

"You mean, Isaac. One of the three runaways." Morel said, "You haven't heard from any of them, have you?"

"How come you're not taking any notes on this?" Stiles sat up.

"I do my notes after the session."

"Your memory's that good?"

"How about we get back to you? Stiles?"

"I'm fine." His voice cracked with emotion, "Yeah, aside from the not sleeping, the jumpiness, the constant, overwhelming, crushing fear that something terrible's about to happen."

•••

Ryder's sat in the waiting chair, eyes closed as she waited her turn to speak to Morrell. She truly didn't want to speak to the woman, but she had insisted that she have a talk with her. And after hearing the way she got to Stiles, Ryder was on the verge of walking away.

Morrell had managed to get to every teen that was involved in the incident that happened at the police station, and she was the last one after Stiles.

The door opened, her eyes lifting from her ring covered hand to the teen standing by the door.

"Do you want me to wait for you?"

Ryder raised a brow, "If you want, I don't plan on staying long."

"As much as you hate it, it helps to talk about your feelings." Stiles told her, watching how she looked down at her hands.

"I don't want to talk about it. Especially not to a school counselor."

With that, she brushed past him, sitting down in the seat in front of Morrell's desk.

"Ryder, have a seat."

The girl bit her tongue, stopping herself for commenting on how she was already sat.

"How have you been?"

"I've been fine."

The woman sighed, "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." Ryder nodded, leaning back into the seat.

The two stared at one another for a second, each waiting for the other to talk. After a few seconds, the oldest of the two gave up.

"Is there anything you would like to speak about?"

Ryder pursed her lips, looking up before shaking her head, "Nope."

•••

Later that night, Ryder found herself at Scott's job. She didn't actually understand why, but she had a feeling it had a lot to do with the possibly of Jackson showing up at the lacrosse game.

"You can come in Isaac."

Her head turned, smiling at the Lahey, immediately easing his nerves as he realized they weren't too upset to see him.

"Why does it smell like that?" His face scrunched, "What?"

Austin looked between them, confused at what they were smelling. He felt Ryder put a hand to the back of his neck and pull him to her level,

"It smells like a dead carcass."

Deaton chuckled, "Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago. One day he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which were not."

Isaac looked at him, "He's not getting better, is he? Like cancer."

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it? Come here. I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others? Give me your hand. Go on."