six | the sucky outdoors

chapter | 06

__________

The Sucky Outdoors
__________

PIPER AND THE REST OF THE BASS TEAM SAT ON ONE SIDE WHILE THE GOPHERS SAT ON THE OTHER SIDE

PIPER AND THE REST OF THE BASS TEAM SAT ON ONE SIDE WHILE THE GOPHERS SAT ON THE OTHER SIDE. It was another challenge day and the indigenous girl was ready for it. For once, Piper wasn't sitting next to Duncan. Instead, she sat in between Courtney and Bridgette. This had somewhat annoyed Duncan, not having her attention. He would only secretly admit it to himself that he likes having the indigenous' girl attention. He likes the way she looks at him. He likes how she would give him a certain look that's dedicated to him and him only. And all of this scared him. How could a girl make him feel things that he's never felt before? How could one girl have this much effect on him?

{ C O N F E S S I O N }

"Piper makes me feel these things and I don't like it! I gotta get away from her..... Which is gonna be hard since we're on the same team."

Duncan groaned and placed his head in his hands.

"But I don't want to stay away from her..... I like having her attention."

{ C O N F E S S I O N }

Piper chewed on her lip and shook her head.

"I've never felt this way before about a guy. Sure, I've had boyfriends before, but this feeling is kinda new..... It's exciting. Duncan is different than other guys I've dated."

She tried to fight back a smile, but failed.

{ C O N F E S S I O N }

Courtney gave Piper a look, causing the native to groan. "Spit it out, Court."

"Sooo.....what's the update between you and Duncan?"

Piper groaned but wasn't able to fight back a blush, causing her two friends to laugh.

Duncan glanced over and took note of the scene. He secretly hoped that he was the reason for Piper's reaction. His mind had wandered off to the night of the talent show and how he kissed her cheek. Duncan wished that he could just walk up to Piper and kiss her in front of everyone, but he wasn't entirely sure where they stood.

Geoff noticed Duncan's stare and he couldn't help but smirk as he shared a look with DJ.

"Yo, Duncan. You good bro?"