} You

You never know how much you miss something till it's gone.

I used to love running around like a baby goat, now, all I do is lay on the bed and read book after book of peak fiction.

I'm surprised I'm not an honorary member of the library yet. I'm sure I've read practically all the books there. From children books to self help manuals, no page was left unturned.

When you've been cooped up in the same room for the past two years, you start to get bored.

I rolled over to my mini bookshelf, packing up all the books, about twenty, and put them in my library bag. I rolled to my wheelchair and placed the bag under the little basket.

I scare myself when I remember I read twenty books in six days. Sighing, I rolled over to my closet and took out my scarf and strawhat. That's what it took for me to get ready.

A floral dress, leggings, a scarf and a hat. Getting on that accursed chair was the tough part. But when you've been bounded to it for twelve years, you get used to it.

I made myself comfy, placing my blanket on my feet. It took pulling a few strings but I was eventually able to afford those fancy automatic wheelchairs.

Using the joy stick, I zoomed my way out of my apartmeant and locked the door. It was well past four pm. I gotta be quick before it gets too dark.

I zoomed my way into the elevator and when I was at the lobby, I used the ramp to get down. I've been living in the apartment complex for two years after all, the ramp was a little gift from the land lord.

The library wasn't too far from home, making it easy to pop on over and pop on back.

I had grown used to the looks I got from people whenever I was out in the city. Some gave me looks of sympathy, thinking, "what a young girl trapped in a wheelchair."

Others gave me looks of disgust, thinking, "she's wasting time and taking up too much space."

Kids would want to touch me but that would earn them stern looks from the adult they're with.

I didn't really mind if kids touched me, infact, I liked it. Kids were my favorite thing. So cute and bubbly.

It was roughly six minutes rolling to library, but I got there in five. A new instalment of my favorite series just hit the shelves. I have to be the first to get my hands on it.

Going in, I was hit with the fresh smell of buttermilk and paper. The library's classic scent. It wasn't a very large place, just as big as an average mini library.

The lady at the front desk was a, what I assumed, friend, although we had more of a "work" relationship. Her name was Samira, and she was very nice.

But today I was shocked to see it wasn't her. But a young boy reading a book in the corner. His brows shot up when he saw me. I wasn't good with people conversations, so naturally I was nervous.

He went to the front desk and bent a little so he was a bit closer to me. He wasn't even that tall so bending was paramountly useless.

"Where's Samira?" Was my first question. I had no use for this man. I wanted Samira to attend to me. "she's busy. She asked me to step in for her. I'm her friend. How can I help?" The way this boy talked was strange. He was stopping frequently.